• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by sregan

sregan
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I haven't been following lately because my brain fog has gotten worse. It's taking all my attention just to get through my work day and my output is about half of what it should be.I've been taking Stoneyfield yogurt and seeing more brain fog but a big improvement in my gut. Apparently a lot I...
sregan
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
User Blogs
It took about 3 months but I'm finally feeling "my normal" again. I have been laying off all SMP sups and taking about 50 mg B3 per day. Each day I'm also taking my minerals with a small amount of B1, B2 and 7 mg p5p. I believe perhaps my methylation never stopped. I'm not sure how it could...
sregan
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I was having a very hard time after stopping my last round of SMP. I did for about a month and was feeling very well taking a small (1/8 tablet) amount of MCbl and (1/8 Folapro) MFolate. The benefit was there but my mood was a little over dopminated I believe (balance of the...
sregan
7 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I've moved this from the forum for my reference to have it all in one place. Jul 8: Lately I've been having a hard time just getting out of bed. Still feeling wiped out in the morning and really am very slow to wake up. I have to force myself to open my eyes, try to let the light wake me up. I...
sregan
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
My current protocol after some trial and error. I seem to really need the Cobalamins now with very little folate. Every few days I take 200 mcg of folicin which kicks my ass. I know when I'm approaching the wall when I do not want to get out of bed in the morning. Extra sleep doesn't seem to...
sregan
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I'm taking my Jarrow (glass bottle) 1/8 Mcbl and taking about 1/8-1/6 of the Anabol ACbl in the morning along with a Jarrow multi and about 100mg of Histidine. I have stopped taking mfolate for the time being. I feel a need for the Acbl it seems to be giving me energy and possibly what...
sregan
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Last few weeks I've been in somewhat of an emotional funk. I am pushing through with my 1/8 MCbl and 1/8 MFolate. I think my crashing is related to ACbl. When I've taken HCbl I've crashed, and the only time I added Acbl (the one Fredd recommends) I've crashed. I need to test this again to be...
sregan
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I've recently added Molybdenum and Boron right before bedtime and it is helping me sleep through the night. In the morning I'm taking Coral Calcium (power form with nothing else added) and Magnesium Glycinate. I also wanted to note my adrenals seem to be bottoming out. I have been taking...
sregan
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I stopped the third round. I had to travel this week so I couldn't afford the side effects which were coming to an apex last Friday. The hardest thing is getting out of bed in the morning. And I'm not sure if that's due to stopping the SMP or from being on the SMP. I had quite a bit of GI...
sregan
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I'm using this post for personal bookmarks of this site (where better to put them). If they help you find what you are looking for please use them! Folic/Folinic Acid Study: Folinic acid beneficial to 81% of CFS patients...plus biomarker? Folic acid and folinic acid can block metafolin...
sregan
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
This page will be updated as I learn more about what my body needs during SMP. Last update: Aug 20, 2013 Daily... Upon awakening (6:15am): 1/12 - 1/8 Jarrow 1000mcg MCbl (the older "glass" bottle. Would recommend enzymatic) 1/4 10mg Source Naturals Sublingual Pregnenolone After getting up...
sregan
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I have stopped the SMP supps for a few days and doing better but not "back". Not sure what's going in. The day I stopped (Friday) my sleep was bad and I felt like death. The next morning was better and today was about the same as yesterday. One thing is that REM sleep is just about non...
sregan
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I've stopped again, woke today could barely get out of bed. Felt a tiny bit better after morning movement and took a multi. Slept another hour+. Second time I got up not feeling any better. Got some coffee, took selenium and a Jarrow multi-mineral. Was feeling somewhat better in a few minutes...
sregan
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I like the blog feature on communities like this. Each of us can post our own progress and things we want to share. I've known about phoenix rising for art least 5 years but recently taking a hard look into SMP it seems the right place to be for learning about this. I am on my 2nd round of...