• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blogs

Categories

Latest Comments

• Nobody's Coming
    From what i've Heard in the News with Carla and Millie I am fully convinced UK is the worst country to live in as a ME/CFS Patient. Not that its...
  • Not Exactly an Emergency / The Beat Heat Manifesto
    Howard, I agree with Hufsamor :) And I'm really glad your neighbors (one in a pink bikini no less!) were kind and helpful, as well as the fire...
  • Nobody's Coming
    I wonder if Dr Claire Taylor might be able to help. I have not had an appointment with her personally but I know people on this baord have talked...
  • Nobody's Coming
    I"m so sorry that you have to deal with this. And you're doing a great job. I am in the US, but we have some similar version of the same...
  • Nobody's Coming
    It’s truly atrocious. I’ve written about it much on my blog. I remember in the beginning years, thinking, oh they are going to come running in...

Blogs statistics

Categories
Blogs
Blog entries
Views
Comments
Cort
7 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
John Herds recent post on the past and future of ME/CFS advocacy provided a welcome change in tone from many of the strident posts weve seen lately and provided much room for thought. An important part of the post, however, was more of the same; while the posts tone was mild the post itself too...
margib
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I really want to go to Ohio. I know I'm not even on the long list, but I need help. I know I listed my functioning as a 6, but it doesn't reflect that I'm functional about 1/3 of the day about 1/3 of the week. Yesterday, I was a 5; not too tired, but brain-fogged. Then I ate a delicious...
margib
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
...right out of my body. Stop stirring around my brain & reabsorbing & poisoning me. I cannot get you out! Yesterday, I will call a 6, though toward the end of the day, immense brain fog & some serious fatigue kicked in. Compared to how scary last weekend was & how dark my mood has been...
Jody
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
There is an alchemy that comes about in relationship to others that cannot come into existence in isolation. Can you picture a hammock tied to only one tree?
My favorite place to be is in my pool...which is where I feel the best! It's the best place to visit with a friend or read a book. There I exercise by swimming and stretching without stress on my body. It cools down my furnace body. And best of all, it provides alone time for thinking and...
Victoria
6 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
FIBROMYALGIA What you can do about Chronic Pain and Fatigue by Maryam Ehrlich Williamson This is the first thorough, user-friendly resource that outlines the causes, symptoms and a full range of treatments for a condition that affects up to half a million Australians. Since Fibromyalgia...
Jody
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Monday, August 3, 2009 I was thinking about how being a chronic, we are so isolated, and some of the things I miss are so very mundane. I miss having a friend drop by for a cup of coffee or whatever. I miss the type of chitchat I used to have with people in my homeschool group...
rosebud
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Hi all, I am new to your group and am very impressed with the PWC's who post on this forum. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1990, but in looking back, I also had MCS's, cognitive dysfunction and many symptoms, except fatigue I eventually got involved with the fibro community and have...
Jody
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Saturday, August 1, 2009 I write to my imaginary friend, the one who is always there, always wants to KNOW me. I write believing I can hear a response (my imaginary friend ALWAYS gives a response, lest I feel unloved or alone). When I find indifference and lack of regard in the rest of...
Jody
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Some animals use echolocation to orient themselves. They emit calls to the world and listen for echoes from their environment. This helps them determine where they are, where they are going, and what if anything is near. Here is a poignant metaphor. We call out to find our place, to see if...
Jody
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
How does a wealthy man get, and stay, wealthy? He doesn't do it by spending everything he has. Bingo, CFS'ers, Push-Crashers. All you really need to know about the role of rest and regeneration. In a nutshell. If you keep spending your energy, ... well, it's gone, isn't it. It...
Cort
3 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Years ago, in the depths of ME/CFS, I took a course called the EST Training (now called the Forum) which was designed to increase one's vitality and participation in life. The course worked - altho I still had ME/CFS afterwards - it did increase my vitality enormously. Taking A Stand - One of...
Jody
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Friday, July 24, 2009 I posted an article on Ncubator yesterday called No Disability for Jody. Since then Ive received two lovely emails from friends who were shocked to learn of my state of affairs. I appreciated these so much. It got me thinking, though. And I want to clarify something...
Cross-posted at Behind the surface Anne Shirley has been a kindred spirit ever since I first watched the Kevin Sullivan production of the classic book by L.M. Montgomery. The first time I heard her talk about "so much view for the imagination," I remember thinking, someone else thinks like...
Jody
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 If youve ever had a tendency to feel indispensible, a good run-in with CFS will cure you of that. You will discover in short order that you are indeed dispensible, and possibly even forgotten, faster than you can imagine. It is a heartbreak. And it is a...
Jody
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Monday, July 20, 2009 If an area is cordoned off and you dont heed the warning and go ahead anyway, dont be surprised if you fall through. All those symptoms making our lives a misery? Cautionary signs weve been ignoring and then were surprised when we crash. Our idiot lights are...
Jody
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Saturday, July 18, 2009 I'd like to say I do this for the good of mankind. That that's why I write here. I'd like mankind to be healthy and happy, don't get me wrong. But I am not here on the net for mankind. I am here for me. Because the silence from the rest of the world has been...
Jody
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Friday, July 17, 2009 My world had gotten very small. I would look around and see, really, nothing out there for me, beyond my own four walls. Suffocating. Depressing. Infuriating. So I took a leap through the portal of my laptop, into the virtual world of the net. The reason I am...
Jody
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Monday, July 13, 2009 I guess its been a good week. I know it has. Yet I feel unsatisfied. That seems strange to me. I am involved in things that just three months ago would have been beyond my ability to imagine. If youd told me then what the next three months would hold, I would have...
Jody
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Sunday, July 5, 2009 Lazarus! Come forth! Imagine Lazarus, appearing in the opening to the tomb, still wrapped in his graveclothes, a miracle standing before the people and everybody just wandered away leaving good ol Lazarus to unravel himself and figure out his own way back into...