• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

User Blogs

Categories

Carrigon
3 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Since alot of us are sick, we're usually looking for something we can do from the bed or couch. Many of us turn to ipods or the new netbooks. My experiences with the fake ipods are mixed. They are never worth what you spend on them. And the business of fake memory in them is hotter than...
jewel
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Thanks, nice reprieve from the scientific readings... i need them, i seek them, and then, I truly needed this break. J
jimbob
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Sent my questionaire in to the Biobank after being accepted. They also want me to have a neighbor contact them! Because of the stigma of cfs, my neighbors don't have a clue about me. I can sit down for SEVERAL hours and try to educate one of them, if this is something the Biobank has to have to...
I thought I would follow up, with where things are at, after such a downward spiral last week. Thank you to all who reached out, private messaged me and so forth. I know it may seem inappropriate to talk about menstrual cycles since there are so many men on here, but I feel that I want to...
"My mild-mannered, sweet, school-teacher wife just lit into me with some language that would make a sailor blush!" R.S. said, shaking his head in dismay. He was referring to his wife Leona, a fellow patient here at the clinic getting Ampligen, and he was beside himself, still stinging from the...
maria
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I really meant to talk about some impending medical stuff...the kind that resembles the ghost of christmas future knocking on the door..but i just couldn't focus....hence we have beached whales, dental hygiene and wabbling. :Sign Oops:
Cort
8 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
The main subject - the CFSAC Charter was not the most enthralling subject - but it is a critical topic if the Committee is going to make a difference and Dr. Wanda Jones should be congratulated for thinking strategically and devoting time to trying to get the Committee on more solid ground...
Michelle
5 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
ME/CFS Awareness Day: "This is not a day to arouse your pity. Its to arouse your outrage, anxiety, and agitation." The most depressing moment of my day is when I wake up. I turn over, look at the clock, and see that its 1:30 in the afternoon. Despite having been asleep for 12 or more hours...
KnightofZERO
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Dr. David Bell's "Scathing" (so called by Eleanor Hanna PhD, NIH Office of Research on Women's Health) Letter (Lyndonville News, Dr. Bell's Letter on Whittemore-Peterson Institute Website)--- Originally Posted by Fred.
I am in a bad way. Beyond bad. It is that time of month. The time of month when I stare at the wall because I can't concentrate. The time of month when I want my shelf life to be up. I can't talk myself out of it. I want out. Everything bothers me. Things I could tolerate, I now...
Misfit Toy
4 min read
Views
User Blogs
Suicide. That horrible word. That horrible word, that I never thought about, has crept into my mind and is banging around more than I would like it to. Suicide solution. It feels to me like there is no end to this. I am not even talking about getting well, but an end to what has...
Carrigon
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
That was me today, I got confused in the city and drove the wrong way down a one way street. Could have gotten killed, but no one was coming on my side and I was able to make a fast U turn. This is why I do not belong driving. I get confused. I went down to apply for Medicaid today. So...
I never liked report cards as a student, but since today marks the completion of 14 weeks on Ampligen, signifying that I've just passed the quarter-mile mark, I thought I'd give you an update on my progress, by way of some mid-term grades. After having 28 infusions of this amazing...
Jody
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Its not enough for me to let you know I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I dont feel good. I want to give you details, about an astonishing variety of stultifying symptoms that are real life-stoppers. And I want you to be haunted by a chronic with a face. If its me, well and good. If its...
Cort
23 min read
Views
User Blogs
(This interview took place in 2008) Rebecca Artman ended her term as the Patient Representative on the CFSAC Committee last October. She is being replaced by Eileen Holderman. Besides being the patient rep on the CFSAC. Rebecca played an important role in the founding of Pandora. How did...
Lisa
6 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I had very vivid dreams last night of driving to town and going grocery shopping. For most people this surely would have been a pretty mundane dream and rather boring even. For me, its usually the nearest I come to living normally again because most things like this are beyond me at this time...
Jody
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
My son Jesse and I went to my moms for an early Mothers Day visit this afternoon. Though we only live a three minute drive away from her, this is the first time since around Christmas that Jesse has been able to make this trip. I have been over to see her a few times since the New Year, but...
garcia
6 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Is Ninjitsu the new Gupta Programme? This is the question on everyone's lips right now. I have created this blog to address that very question. In particular I have created a table which lists the pro's and con's of each of the the two mind/body methods. As you can see, each training method...
Victoria
3 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
This forum has grown from just a few members to a couple of thousand in less than a year.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> And I know there are many more Guests who visit regularly, or Travelers who pass through (but once) on...
Back