• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Need a little help please

Sent my questionaire in to the Biobank after being accepted. They also want me to have a neighbor contact them! Because of the stigma of cfs, my neighbors don't have a clue about me. I can sit down for SEVERAL hours and try to educate one of them, if this is something the Biobank has to have to proceed. I would appreciate anyone who has taken this step to PM me about what they might need to know from the neighbor?

Comments

Hi Jimbob...I can't offer any help...but wanted you to know that you're not being ignored! (i read your pleas everyday!) I'm baffled...just don't know how to help! so sorry!

jackie (as in day off?!)

Hi Jimbob,

I don't know what Biobank is and I'm not sure why they want to contact your neighbor. I looked for other blog posts and found nothing. Can you explain a little more? And it's possible you would get more response if you started a thread rather than posting this as a blog.

yes starryeyes, the solve cfs biobank in charlotte, N.C., where researchers can go for their studies. I can't find anybody who is in it for info. I put up notices at cfids, xmrv global, wpi and our site and came up empty.

Have you contacted the CFIDS Association and asked this question? There used to be a "contact us" button on their home page, www.cfids.org. Dr. Vernon is in charge of the biobank, I believe.

I guess it's a moot point now after starting Raltegravir that Biobank never got back to me after I sent in questionaire!

Blog entry information

Author
jimbob
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from jimbob

• Big Day Eve
    http://meluluslegacy.com/2014/03/18/big-day-eve/
  • Tough Times
    Update on myself and why I disappeared from the forums for a couple of...