• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

User Blogs

Categories

Michelle
5 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
ME/CFS Awareness Day: "This is not a day to arouse your pity. Its to arouse your outrage, anxiety, and agitation." The most depressing moment of my day is when I wake up. I turn over, look at the clock, and see that its 1:30 in the afternoon. Despite having been asleep for 12 or more hours...
KnightofZERO
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Dr. David Bell's "Scathing" (so called by Eleanor Hanna PhD, NIH Office of Research on Women's Health) Letter (Lyndonville News, Dr. Bell's Letter on Whittemore-Peterson Institute Website)--- Originally Posted by Fred.
I am in a bad way. Beyond bad. It is that time of month. The time of month when I stare at the wall because I can't concentrate. The time of month when I want my shelf life to be up. I can't talk myself out of it. I want out. Everything bothers me. Things I could tolerate, I now...
Misfit Toy
4 min read
Views
User Blogs
Suicide. That horrible word. That horrible word, that I never thought about, has crept into my mind and is banging around more than I would like it to. Suicide solution. It feels to me like there is no end to this. I am not even talking about getting well, but an end to what has...
Carrigon
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
That was me today, I got confused in the city and drove the wrong way down a one way street. Could have gotten killed, but no one was coming on my side and I was able to make a fast U turn. This is why I do not belong driving. I get confused. I went down to apply for Medicaid today. So...
I never liked report cards as a student, but since today marks the completion of 14 weeks on Ampligen, signifying that I've just passed the quarter-mile mark, I thought I'd give you an update on my progress, by way of some mid-term grades. After having 28 infusions of this amazing...
Jody
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Its not enough for me to let you know I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I dont feel good. I want to give you details, about an astonishing variety of stultifying symptoms that are real life-stoppers. And I want you to be haunted by a chronic with a face. If its me, well and good. If its...
Cort
23 min read
Views
User Blogs
(This interview took place in 2008) Rebecca Artman ended her term as the Patient Representative on the CFSAC Committee last October. She is being replaced by Eileen Holderman. Besides being the patient rep on the CFSAC. Rebecca played an important role in the founding of Pandora. How did...
Lisa
6 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I had very vivid dreams last night of driving to town and going grocery shopping. For most people this surely would have been a pretty mundane dream and rather boring even. For me, its usually the nearest I come to living normally again because most things like this are beyond me at this time...
Jody
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
My son Jesse and I went to my moms for an early Mothers Day visit this afternoon. Though we only live a three minute drive away from her, this is the first time since around Christmas that Jesse has been able to make this trip. I have been over to see her a few times since the New Year, but...
garcia
6 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Is Ninjitsu the new Gupta Programme? This is the question on everyone's lips right now. I have created this blog to address that very question. In particular I have created a table which lists the pro's and con's of each of the the two mind/body methods. As you can see, each training method...
Victoria
3 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
This forum has grown from just a few members to a couple of thousand in less than a year.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> And I know there are many more Guests who visit regularly, or Travelers who pass through (but once) on...
Lisa
3 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I had a nice surprise yesterday. My friend <a href="http://ncubator.ca/blogger/">Jody Smith over at Ncubator</a> passed the Happiness Award on to me. Thanks for the award Jody, I shall see if I can spread some cheer in kind! Without further ado - on with the show! The rules for the...
Cort
4 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
A million and a half dollars, two hundred fifty patients and seven years later the UK government's best hope for locking in its twisted approach to ME/CFS permanently, fell to earth with a crash. UK ME/CFS patients, certainly arent out of the woods, but they can breathe a sigh of relief that...
LaurelB
4 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
From my blog at: http://dreamsatstake.blogspot.com I went to an all-girl, Catholic high school with only 44 students in my graduating class. Among other essential courses in science, math and english, every student had to take a typing class as part of the required curriculum. This, at the...
We've all heard the question in one form or another. It usually comes at a time when you look better than usual, or feel worse than usual. But either way, it makes you feel the same as usual. "What exactly is wrong with you?" they ask, innocently...not knowing that their "casual" remark...
maria
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
You really get to know yourself too well sometimes...
Cort
7 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Dr. Frivold is the husband of Berit Frivold, who's recovery from ME/CFS using the Lightning Process, was posted a month or so ago. Dr. Frivold, is naturally very happy that his wife has recovered and, after reading the discussion on Berit's recovery, sent me these observations. I recognize...
Bethany
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
There are a lot of things that define me... where do I begin? Some people meticulously plan their lives. Well, that's not me. Some people at least try to do everything right. Well that's not me either. Not even close. Still, I don't like people criticizing and accusing me... mainly...