• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Happiness Award is Here

I had a nice surprise yesterday. My friend <a href="http://ncubator.ca/blogger/">Jody Smith over at Ncubator</a> passed the Happiness Award on to me. Thanks for the award Jody, I shall see if I can spread some cheer in kind!

Without further ado - on with the show!

The rules for the Happiness Award:
1.) When you have received this award you must thank the person that awarded you this in the new post.
2.) Name 10 things that make you happy.
3.) Pass this award onto other bloggers and inform the winners.

Rule number 1 - check! Muchas Gracias la Senora Jody... and with many festive hugs!

Rule 2 - As it is my style to be ramble along, this may end up a bit longer than just 10 things. Hope the award doesn't get revoked for me already breaking the rules! I'm such a rebel! In no order:

Being surprised with flowers Jeremy finds and picks because he knows I love getting them.

flowerseedsimsendingyou.jpg

Little race car, baby bunnies who dart back and forth under our tarps at night because its the only dry place to play.

A hot cup of cocoa made by my sweetie.

Planting onion seeds on May Day that a friend had sent from Australia, despite the customs restrictions against doing so. (no worries, they will not grow well enough to be invasive in the spot I garden)

Having more friends who are in foreign lands than those who are from my own country - no wonder I never fully fit in here!

A sun warmed rock to lay topless on and sing off key very loudly while soaking up the heat of a beautiful day.

rockandtheforestbehindi.jpg

Hearing the geese circling overhead while trying to figure out which way is North every spring. First gaggle of them was yesterday and it always means summer isn't far behind!

Cuddling up with Jeremy to watch The Muppets together.

A really good movie that we have saved for a few months until just the right occasion to see it for the first time.

Poking fun at my friend Grant when we instant chat, he's such a good sport about it! *Poke!*

Finding odd little animals, like salamanders and tree frogs, who make in front of our tent their home for a night before moving on the next day. I love having animals feel safe here for the night.

tinyquartersizedfrog.jpg

Watching first the parent birds come to feed at our oat pile in front of the tent and then later the fledgling birds. Mom and Pop have to teach them how to eat and its exciting as they learn not to eat rocks but instead the food.

A hot shower outside while big, fat snowflakes are falling all around me. Along with this is listening to the hush of snowfall and watching it blanket the woods.

Jeremy reading to me every night before bed.

Watching my garden sprout from seed, grow, and then fill our bellies.

gardenmay20083.jpg

Clear nights with many stars.

The rare days when I wake up feeling refreshed and <em>good.</em>

Daydreaming of all the things I will be able to do, because I <em>will</em> be getting well again.

Listening to the birds signing every morning. Also with this would be the owls hooting at night near us and coyotes howling at the moon.

Last for this list and saved for the end because it is the very best - Jeremy. All the wonderful things he does, his love and kindness, and his fight to never give up seeing us through everything that comes our way.

smooch.jpg

Rule number 3. I've had a bit of a hard time deciding who to pass this on to as I know several other bloggers who immediately sprang to mind for this. I will send this award on to <a href="http://dreamsatstake.blogspot.com/">Laurel of Dreams at Stake</a> because she never stops fighting and keeps finding ways to pass that strength on to others.

That's it for this brief... er... wander down the lane of Lisa's happiness!

Comments

Yes, the simple pleasures REALLY are the best. The chorus of birdsong at dawn on Sundays has to be one of my favourites.

Your Happiness Award is well deserved, Lisa.

doh! I really should have made one of the items on the list something about getting awesome comments on the things I write, because it really does bring a spark of happiness to the day when I read them.

Thank you Lily and Vicki for sharing your thoughts! Bug hugs to both of you, Lisa

Absolutely lovely Lisa, it brought such a big smile on my face. :)

Congratulations on the award! :)

Many many hugs, :)

Blog entry information

Author
Lisa
Read time
3 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Lisa