• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by sunshine44

sunshine44
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I had some not so great weeks a bit ago. Its funny how things work like that. You come to your edge....and when you truly let go, the edge seems to many times, provide new turf. New life. Beginnings you didn't see possible. If you stay looking with your head over your shoulder at what...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
"Mama take this badge off of me I can't use it anymore It's getting dark too dark to see Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door Mama put my...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
"Grandma, I'm tired. So tired of this life..." "Take your tiredness, my child, and wrap it around yourself. Like a blanket in the cold winter months. Tiredness comes to make you a nest, to bring you to wear comfortable clothes, to make you sink into its warm embrace. I invite you to stay within...
sunshine44
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I've always liked using my hands. I've been called a jill of all trades. I wouldn't say i'm specifically into one thing but i like to try many different creative processes. In 2009, when i was a bartender, i was also getting on ladders before work and painting the building, ha! So, in 2016, i...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I hurt myself today To see if I still feel I focus on the pain The only thing that's real The needle tears a hole The old familiar sting Try to kill it all away But I remember everything What have I become My sweetest friend Everyone I know goes away In the end And you could have it all My...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
User Blogs
Out on the sea we'd be forgiven Our bodies stopped the spirit leaving Wouldn't you like to know how far you've got left to go Somebody's child Nobody made you It's not what you stole, it's what they gave you In or out, you go In your silence, your soul Would you rather go unwilling? The heart...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Today's entry is to share this with anyone that feels this is for them, reminders of how to simplify life ...enjoy. ~"Change the way you think about strength. Aren’t the physically and mentally strong those who can bend and adapt to life—especially as we age? The more you think in rigid...
sunshine44
8 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I remember it was 2008 and i was walking down an aisle in my favorite library. My 4 year old close in tow holding his trains and choo choo books. And all of a sudden a book jumped out at me, i can still see it. Does this ever happen to you? This happens to me...more often than not. It was a book...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Sometimes, you have to exist in the space of not feeling much hope for a little while... or a long while. Getting comfortable in this space is part of my survival strategy. If i don't fight it, then there is nothing to do. To save. To push. To be. To heal. Sometimes, i am just broken with no...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Its a dance party. We need it. The world needs it. Whether you are in bed....or sitting...or standing... shake it like a polaroid picture phoenix rising! (Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance)
sunshine44
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Transdermal Part 2: I am going to do some copying and pasting of what i wrote on PR in responses to posts. There are MANY ways to go about this. I have found through research that approximately 70% is being absorbed into blood stream...varies on what it is, density, evaporation etc. This is...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Happy day of LOVE Phoenix Rising community! You are SO loved :heart: Give yourself a big gentle bear hug to remember this today.
sunshine44
7 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
This...is probably one of the reasons i began this blog....and i am finally getting around to writing about it. I am not certain how i will section this up but it will be in multiple parts as i've been extensively experimenting in this area. Please remember my situation is severe, i've had very...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Its been an intense new moon for me. Sharing this in case it brings even a moment of relief for anyone else in need tonight. Twenty degrees of solitude Twenty degrees in all All the dancing kings & wives Assembled in the hall Lost is a long & lonely time Fairy Sybil flying All along the all...
sunshine44
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
First, i don't need to explain much why i'm posting an energy recalibration video after my last blog :lol: Next, i want to tell a magical story about my tulip tree. WE have this giant tulip tree in the front yard. She was hit by a tornado before we moved in 8 years ago. Shes been mangled but...
sunshine44
7 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Many things happening in Sunshine's world these days. Where to start? Today my medical advocate came over and we went over notes (as i could) for 1 1/2 hours. Then i went into a ptsd episode and dissacociated fairly hard...but i brought myself back...somehow, someway and withing a few hours was...
sunshine44
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
You can maybe relate. Or maybe not. Over the past 4 years, most people have fallen out of my life. Its truly like i went missing in so many ways. The last time i took my son to boyscouts...gone. Never seeing those parents i was friends with again. My daughters mommy and toddler library...
sunshine44
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Well, i've been meaning to write this this week and today is fitting since Thich Nhat Hanh transitioned today. I have felt a bit of the suffering and sadness in the world this week. I am sure many of you can relate. These times we are living in are so epic and take a new level to remain...
sunshine44
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Today, is the full wolf moon. It is actually peaking just about to the minute right now (which was not timed, haha). If you are anything like me, you probably feel full (and new) moons to some extent. Many of us are so out of tune with the cycles and rhythms of nature, that we at first think...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Tonight, i am dreaming i am time traveling to 1968 and eating cherry pie, french fries and a peach milkshake at a soda counter. Simple pleasures! :) I am going to eat the whole world when i can again one sweet day! :cake: :heart:
Back