• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by sunshine44

sunshine44
5 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
When i was a little girl, i used to love my paternal grandparents house. They were the sweetest italian grandparents. I have such love for them. My grandfather was so proud and saved his hard earned money being a pharmacist and my grandmother tended loved and cared for 8 beautiful children. It...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
"I like the peace In the backseat I don't have to drive I don't have to speak I can watch the countryside And I can fall asleep My family tree's Losing all it's leaves Crashing towards the driver's seat The lightning bolt made enough heat To melt the street beneath your feet Alice died In the...
sunshine44
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
One of my dearest friends passed from this world this weekend. So, yeah, proceed with caution. I feel like i want to scream her existence from the rooftops. That she mattered. So much. That she felt incredibly invisible until recently. She was one of the most beautiful humans i ever met and i...
sunshine44
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I know more than a few of you are old souls here... This present day life journey is bits and pieces of many things for me, maybe for you too.... you will know if this resonates (or does not) :heart: This song is from the 13th/14th century and allows me to feel an ancient sadness, hope...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
User Blogs
"Don't hold on to what must die and don't fear what lies ahead. Life/death/life is the universal cycle of transformation that keeps recurring whenever there is time to grow and expand. Its a leap of faith one must take, surrender into or sacrifice, in order to be grown into the next version of...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
If you have ever seen 2001 A Space Odyssey, you may remember the significance of the eclipses in relation to the monoliths. I always appreciated how Kubrick relayed the importance of planetary happenings as a sort of map or clock that catalyzes humanity and all living organisms. Sometimes only...
sunshine44
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I have been reading a book for the past 2 years (slowly on Audible) called, Letting Go, The Pathway to Surrender by David R. Hawkins, MD, PhD. I like to go through it until my brain saturates each chapter because letting go is such a huge part of this chronic illness journey for me. When i...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Samhain excerpt from The Path of She Book of Sabbats. Samhain teaches us that there is no hiding from death. It comes in the falling of leaves, the lengthening darkness and the cold grip of Winter. It comes in our remembrances of our beloved ancestors that have passed on. It comes in the...
sunshine44
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Today, my lovely little daughter and i had a tea party. It was quite magical, as tea parties often are. I really enjoy these moments with her and am so grateful for the things i can do at times like this. She was off getting the unicorn teapot with her special made tea (honey, water and coconut...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
"how will i know where to go when the wind blows how will i know how to feel when the change comes will i be left all alone when the storm comes no, i ... i'm never alone we're never alone if we listen, we're never alone if we feel and we are in this together learning to heal i'm never...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
User Blogs
"Fell into a sea of grass And disappeared among the shady blades Children all ran over me Screaming "tag" "You are the one" He trips her as her sandals fail She says: "stop, I'm a girl" Whose fingernails are made Of a mother's pearl Yellow buttercup Helicopters Orange buttercat Chasing after the...
sunshine44
6 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I don't think i'm doing very well this week. So, probably move on along if you would prefer to not read a diary entry of suffering, which i blame you not. There is something cathartic about sharing and being heard. Validating. I have had one visit this month from a friend that helped me to make...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
i love iggy pop. i used to have a large apple green knitted (giant yarn) purse from Donna Karan when i worked there many moons ago and i remember i had one tiny button on it... a black iggy pop button, ha. I had that purse for so many years, how it held up for so long i will never know. I did...
sunshine44
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Lately i feel i've traded in my straw i was using to stay alive under water for so long for actually getting moments of popping my head above the water. Taking my own deep breaths. Feeling my body relax and begin to recalibrate after eons of massive bodily dysfunction. And then.... Things...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
todayyy....some really good things happened. some things i don't feel like discussing in detail yet and to be honest, my today was probably a normal persons worse day of their life :lol: but...suffice it to say...it felt like someones thumb has been holding me down for 5 entire years...every...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
User Blogs
please enjoy these sounds tonight:star: i close my eyes and bow my head to the love i feel for humanity tonight :heart: "Om bhur bhuva svaha, Tat savitur varenyam Bhargo devasya dhimahi, Dhiyo yo nah prachodayat I feel light guiding our way home I see light, essence of our soul. I am...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Who needs a midweek dance party?! :star::star::star::star::star: :globe: i do....certainly. wherever you are in the world, move your body, even if on a bed...or if you cannot, close your eyes and envision your dance floor...you feet....your body and let it move through you :gift: I'm an...
sunshine44
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
***trigger warning**** Sadness has been revisiting me these days... Mixed with a deep grief and near total surrender... Or maybe, the deep grief is asking me to surrender.. "over and over again" I have come so far. I really have. Even though there is no physical evidence of that yet as i...
sunshine44
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Fall is on my mind this week.. It used to be one of my favorite seasons. Doing my best to experience it through a screen...again. Sharing for those that are looking for something soothing. and the deja vu album, for some reason it always reminds me of fall...