• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

moonage daydream

Who needs a midweek dance party?!

:star::star::star::star::star:

:globe:

i do....certainly.

wherever you are in the world, move your body, even if on a bed...or if you cannot, close your eyes and envision your dance floor...you feet....your body and let it move through you :gift:

I'm an alligator
I'm a mama-papa comin' for you
I'm the space invader

I'll be a rock 'n' rollin' b**** for you
Keep your mouth shut
You're squawking like a pink monkey bird
And I'm bustin' up my brains for the words

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Put your ray gun to my head
Press your space face close to mine, love
Freak out in a moonage daydream, oh yeah!

Comments

I"m not dancing today, but thanks for the post!

I often did Tai Chi in my head, and felt much better physically in my body, after doing that. (should do that, again) (suggestion to self)

I celebrated something yesterday.

I went out and reminded myself of something real I once accomplished. I was in a type of shock, reminded of this part of my life, for which I am so grateful.

Reminded, somehow was able to do things...that mattered to the world and others.

yeah, i hear that...i'm not dancing today either rufous.
oh wow, thank you so much for sharing that. On my notepad to do list is to do tai chi in my head! how funny is that. You've inspired me to move it up on the list :)

Yes, its really something to be in the space where we can appreciate the life we used to have and the things we used to do AND appreciate the different life we have now and the new things we can do. Its all so strange, sad and simultaneously beautiful. Very weird life.

I once read that Martha Graham (of modern dance fame) was bedridden for a very long time.

To counteract the lack of movement in her life, she followed the example of her cat....and that was constant movement, but in her head only.

After a prolonged illness and being bedridden, she went on to use the movements she had learned in her head and became quite famous because of them. I don't know what her illness was, but it was common many, many years ago to be totally bedridden because of illness. Robert Louis Stevenson, the poet, is another example.

So there should be a payoff for those who do use their heads (so to speak). I went out yesterday and was very weak and basically ill, plus what I found waiting for me didn't help any. I'm thinking we all have those times when everything is just too much. No matter how small it may to others....it's simply too much for me.

So keep on dancin'......it's good for the body and the soul. Yours, Lenora

Blog entry information

Author
sunshine44
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from sunshine44

• Release into the new
    Well…. My body is STRONGLY feeling the pull of this eclipse. No...
  • Eclipse
    “There will be a time, when the dark finds out that it has been serving...
  • Let it go
    Hi everyone, Starting a new blog entry on it because … well I just am...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...
  • Good morning, January sun ☀️ ✨☀️
    “May the light illuminate all hearts” ~ author unknown From my room...