• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Samhain

Samhain excerpt from The Path of She Book of Sabbats.

Samhain teaches us that there is no hiding from death. It comes in the falling of leaves, the lengthening darkness and the cold grip of Winter. It comes in our remembrances of our beloved ancestors that have passed on. It comes in the wrenching of our heart as we witness a dear one slip from this world into the next. It comes with the graying at our temples, the sagging of our flesh and the unstoppable march toward our last breath.

And death comes with gifts in hand if we have the courage to show up raw and naked to our pain, losses and fears.

Death strips us to the basics:
that every breath is a miracle not to be wasted;
that each person, each creature and life form, is worthy, precious, sacred;
that life is oh so hard and oh so exquisite;
that pain and loss help us remember what we cherish most;
and that love, at the end of all things, is what remains.

Artist Unknown
  • samhainpic.jpg
    samhainpic.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 33

Comments

Well, I'm at an age where many of my loved ones (family and friends) have now gone. As a result there is no fear of death....I've done my best, my life has had meaning an there is a certain curiosity that remains about it all. Like why am I still here when so many who were healthier have gone? I don't expect an answer...it just happens.

It does remind us that we're just a part of this world for blips of time...sure some are a bit longer than others and yes, there is both sadness and joy. We have to make both work for us....and love is the one constant.

Thanks Sunshine. Yours, Lenora

Well, I'm at an age where many of my loved ones (family and friends) have now gone. As a result there is no fear of death....I've done my best, my life has had meaning an there is a certain curiosity that remains about it all. Like why am I still here when so many who were healthier have gone? I don't expect an answer...it just happens.

It does remind us that we're just a part of this world for blips of time...sure some are a bit longer than others and yes, there is both sadness and joy. We have to make both work for us....and love is the one constant.

Thanks Sunshine. Yours, Lenora

thank you for your wise perspective lenora, i always appreciate. Also, i gave an update about my daughter for you in my tea party blog :)

Hi @sunshine44.....since you mentioned Samhain, I thought you may like a singer of Celtic and Moroccan music, Loreena McKennitt. Very, very talented and I'm especially taken with her singing rendition of "The Lady of Shallot," but I noticed that Samhain is one of the recordings on her 'Best of Loreena McKennitt.' recording. She has a number of CD's and all are excellent.

Your children may also like them....she's even more talented than Enya. Her voice is exquisite. Yes, she's a Canadian (for all you Canadians)....I also lived in that country, but only heard of her after I had left. She also writes some of her own songs and plays old instruments.

I know you're young and into different music, but I thought you may like her for a change. Yours, Lenora

Hi @sunshine44.....since you mentioned Samhain, I thought you may like a singer of Celtic and Moroccan music, Loreena McKennitt. Very, very talented and I'm especially taken with her singing rendition of "The Lady of Shallot," but I noticed that Samhain is one of the recordings on her 'Best of Loreena McKennitt.' recording. She has a number of CD's and all are excellent.

Your children may also like them....she's even more talented than Enya. Her voice is exquisite. Yes, she's a Canadian (for all you Canadians)....I also lived in that country, but only heard of her after I had left. She also writes some of her own songs and plays old instruments.

I know you're young and into different music, but I thought you may like her for a change. Yours, Lenora

thanks dearest Lenora. I am excited to listen to her :) I love enya!

Blog entry information

Author
sunshine44
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from sunshine44

• Release into the new
    Well…. My body is STRONGLY feeling the pull of this eclipse. No...
  • Eclipse
    “There will be a time, when the dark finds out that it has been serving...
  • Let it go
    Hi everyone, Starting a new blog entry on it because … well I just am...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...
  • Good morning, January sun ☀️ ✨☀️
    “May the light illuminate all hearts” ~ author unknown From my room...