break on through

I have been reading a book for the past 2 years (slowly on Audible) called, Letting Go, The Pathway to Surrender by David R. Hawkins, MD, PhD. I like to go through it until my brain saturates each chapter because letting go is such a huge part of this chronic illness journey for me. When i resist, i suffer more. Letting go of the life i imagined, letting go of cooking for myself, letting go of standing, letting go of showering or bathing in a bathroom, letting go of the emotions and reactions of others in response to my situation, letting go of walking, letting go of my expectations of others along this journey, letting go of most desires. Existing in this constant state of flux has made me get creative, like so many of you. So, i share this excerpt for us. This is a dense book with immense gold in almost every chapter but this one i share because it connects what so many have relayed to me on this journey that this illness, although decimating so many portions of their lives, simultaneously brought them to spiritual journeys, they otherwise wouldn't have traversed.

I can say that has been part of my reality.

From the chapter, Surrender to Ultimate Reality:

"the medium, the mystic and the physicist..leading among these researchers are neuroscientist, Karl Pribram of Stanford University and the late physicist David Bohm, of the University of London, whose theories can be summarized. Our brains mathematically construct concrete reality by interpreting frequencies from another dimension, a realm of meaningful, patterned primary reality that transcends time and space. The brain is a hologram determining therefore a holographic universe. It is interesting that the theories of advanced theoretical physics which are a product of so called left brain activity, now require a new context in order to be comprehended. The context that is evolving from these left brain scientific researchers matches reality as witnessed by the mystic, who represents right brain function thus whichever side of the mountain we choose to climb we end up at the same point, the peak. A third way up the mountain is through the mechanism of surrender and each of us, therefore has the opportunity to verify for ourselves the ultimate nature of reality itself. Which is the same as that revealed to the mystic or the physicist. We can envision with each and every surrender, we take another step up the side of the mountain. Some of us will ascend until the view gets better and choose to stop there. Others will go still higher and then there will be those of us that will not be satisfied until we reach the very peak and verified it for ourselves. Although, at that point there is no longer an individual person to verify anything for it has been surrendered completely."

Comments

So interesting and thought , spirit provoking ...thank u dear Sunshine ...u are bright light which transcends the dark ...
I love these kinds of posts ...

Yes letting go is such a journey for us .
We do it together .

I'll come back to this later and absorb more fully ....
Seems a fabulous book for the book shelf ❣️🙏🕊️

Good Day @Sunshine.....Thanks for the excerpt. I think it is like Jim Morrison voices....breaking through to the other side. Unfortunately he just did it the wrong way and probably never received the answer(s) he sought.

I can remember being in that place....darkness, confusion a feeling of loss, horrid pain, uncertainty and so many other feelings. I had to go DEEP within myself and lived there for a very long time. I responded to my family, yes, but always I had this well that had to be reached before I knew I would find an answer. It was the hardest thing I've ever done to date.

When I re-emerged, probably months later, I was a different person. I understood suffering in its most elemental form, knew that nothing would ever be the same, that I would never be the same....but did have this wonderful feeling of lightness....I was free and new.

I did go on to find a life for myself and others. Actually, I'd say it was mainly devoted to others and it suited me just fine. I still do some of it today....mainly people from other countries. However, I really must stop because I don't have the newest research, places to send them, etc. It's one of the reasons I removed myself from FB and changed my phone number. Newer, younger and more knowledgeable people are needed.

So however we find our answers, we're thankful for them. After a time we actually do become this new person and as we age it continues to frequently change. We're very flexible, because absolutely nothing stays the same. It's hard for those trying to hold onto their old way of life....harder until they find a new way. As if there wasn't enough to deal with anyway. This new me is much better than the person I was....does that help? Yours, Lenora

. It is interesting that the theories of advanced theoretical physics which are a product of so called left brain activity, now require a new context in order to be comprehended. The context that is evolving from these left brain scientific researchers matches reality as witnessed by the mystic, who represents right brain function thus whichever side of the mountain we choose to climb we end up at the same point, the peak'

This is 1st class !
We know on a deeper level our existence is so much more than theory , rational , intellectual 2d ... We are as a species yearning for more consciousness , connection , creativity and love. It astounds me how many more you g people are following their hearts their creativity, standing up for ecology , exploring different spiritual paths ... Blending and awakening ....

On that note the bloody tinnitus is rising when I'm on screens so will sign off for now ( I'm waiting for it to get more conscious but it's not shifting yet 🤣

. It is interesting that the theories of advanced theoretical physics which are a product of so called left brain activity, now require a new context in order to be comprehended. The context that is evolving from these left brain scientific researchers matches reality as witnessed by the mystic, who represents right brain function thus whichever side of the mountain we choose to climb we end up at the same point, the peak'

This is 1st class !
We know on a deeper level our existence is so much more than theory , rational , intellectual 2d ... We are as a species yearning for more consciousness , connection , creativity and love. It astounds me how many more you g people are following their hearts their creativity, standing up for ecology , exploring different spiritual paths ... Blending and awakening ....

On that note the bloody tinnitus is rising when I'm on screens so will sign off for now ( I'm waiting for it to get more conscious but it's not shifting yet 🤣

we are. we are truly in the era of breaking on through...exciting times ;)

bahaha! right? ahhhh, neuro symptoms, such fun !:xeyes::ill:

So interesting and thought , spirit provoking ...thank u dear Sunshine ...u are bright light which transcends the dark ...
I love these kinds of posts ...

Yes letting go is such a journey for us .
We do it together .

I'll come back to this later and absorb more fully ....
Seems a fabulous book for the book shelf ❣️🙏🕊️

we really do.
we really work synergistically
we are a collective.

yesss! we truly are shifting the vibration, amazing humans. each of us. in different ways.

thank you for the words kind heart, you know i am so grateful for the beautiful souls like you, i have met on this journey. :heart:

Good Day @Sunshine.....Thanks for the excerpt. I think it is like Jim Morrison voices....breaking through to the other side. Unfortunately he just did it the wrong way and probably never received the answer(s) he sought.

I can remember being in that place....darkness, confusion a feeling of loss, horrid pain, uncertainty and so many other feelings. I had to go DEEP within myself and lived there for a very long time. I responded to my family, yes, but always I had this well that had to be reached before I knew I would find an answer. It was the hardest thing I've ever done to date.

When I re-emerged, probably months later, I was a different person. I understood suffering in its most elemental form, knew that nothing would ever be the same, that I would never be the same....but did have this wonderful feeling of lightness....I was free and new.

I did go on to find a life for myself and others. Actually, I'd say it was mainly devoted to others and it suited me just fine. I still do some of it today....mainly people from other countries. However, I really must stop because I don't have the newest research, places to send them, etc. It's one of the reasons I removed myself from FB and changed my phone number. Newer, younger and more knowledgeable people are needed.

So however we find our answers, we're thankful for them. After a time we actually do become this new person and as we age it continues to frequently change. We're very flexible, because absolutely nothing stays the same. It's hard for those trying to hold onto their old way of life....harder until they find a new way. As if there wasn't enough to deal with anyway. This new me is much better than the person I was....does that help? Yours, Lenora

oh lenora, i thank you for sharing deep parts of your journey with us. Isn't that the truth though? I remember in 1999 when i went into a deep abyss and again in 2007, i emerged never again the same after those catalystic months and years. We won't even talk about recent years ;):cautious:

I bet you have helped so many Lenora, you still do. I hope you always know that. You have helped me, in many ways. Wise women in their silver years are so underrated and underappreciated and i really hope that unfortunate trend discontinues and soon. You hold so much gold and others here too. I appreciate you so much and thank you for all you contribute around the world. Your responses are always so in tune, thoughtful and detailed. So many here really are like that. A beautiful community in many ways when we find parts of our tribe through this ether. So much love your way this evening, lenora.

Hello @sunshine44......I hope you're finding some joy today.

When I was young, I used to love spending time with older people, especially talkative women. They're life stories were fascinating and, since this was after WWII what they overcame was rather incredible. I always appreciated them and thank them for spending time with me and letting me sit on their porches.

Well, my hair is white today and I don't have the knowledge they have to share, but I do feel that each of us should share what we do know. Yes, you may feel that people don't want to hear it, or you'll be laughed at.....but that isn't the case and I do think people have a hunger for knowledge that older people have been through.

It's nothing romantic or sexual....it's just learning via the experiences of others. The age difference helps dispel any other notions. I don't know if my friends took advantage of this or not, but most likely since porches were a way of life and talking was still the main means of communication.

You share your life also....and I thank you. I know the road isn't easy and some days are just better than others, some months even.

I don't think our young people are being prepared for the complications of life today....and I wish that weren't so. Some, of course, but most are not. Children have to be taught to ask their grandparents about their lives and experiences and grandparents have to share not just the joyful, but the difficult parts of life. This is how we learn and it always remains with us.

I'll be forever grateful to not just my parents, but the gracious older adults who helped mold my life's outlook. I hope you find them. Yours, Lenora

Hello @Emmarose47. It's good to hear that things are working out for you insofar as your move is concerned. It doesn't sound too far away either, so that should help you in settling in.

You've brought up some interesting comments and I thank you for them. How is your health these days (apart from SAD)? Let us know when you've made your move....and yes, Xmas should be just about as good as it gets. Yours, Lenora

Hello @sunshine44......I hope you're finding some joy today.

When I was young, I used to love spending time with older people, especially talkative women. They're life stories were fascinating and, since this was after WWII what they overcame was rather incredible. I always appreciated them and thank them for spending time with me and letting me sit on their porches.

Well, my hair is white today and I don't have the knowledge they have to share, but I do feel that each of us should share what we do know. Yes, you may feel that people don't want to hear it, or you'll be laughed at.....but that isn't the case and I do think people have a hunger for knowledge that older people have been through.

It's nothing romantic or sexual....it's just learning via the experiences of others. The age difference helps dispel any other notions. I don't know if my friends took advantage of this or not, but most likely since porches were a way of life and talking was still the main means of communication.

You share your life also....and I thank you. I know the road isn't easy and some days are just better than others, some months even.

I don't think our young people are being prepared for the complications of life today....and I wish that weren't so. Some, of course, but most are not. Children have to be taught to ask their grandparents about their lives and experiences and grandparents have to share not just the joyful, but the difficult parts of life. This is how we learn and it always remains with us.

I'll be forever grateful to not just my parents, but the gracious older adults who helped mold my life's outlook. I hope you find them. Yours, Lenora

I feel this so much. I love talking to my grandmother on the phone, when she is able to and i am. She always thinks shes being annoying, because so many tell her she is, but i always remind her how much i love hearing of her life stories. Its an honor and i really gain so much through it as does she through being listened to. Sometimes, people just want to be heard. Mostly, people just want to be heard. Accepted as they are.

I also loved listening to my other grandmother before she passed and my husbands grandfather. He loved telling me his stories over and over sometimes. My husband would always roll his eyes and was off to play chess with others, so i would sit and listen to Grandpa. It was an easy choice though. Then he started calling me lol! It always broke my heart a little and alot how lonely some of my grandparents were. Now, i understand how easy this situation is to occur.

Ahhh, porches...i am envious. I wish i was a part of those days. I read books and watch movies about that era and imagine what that was like when people wanted to spend time together and not in front of screens.

Thank you for listening to me, Lenora. I appreciate your validation, always. Don't discount yourself. You are equally knowledgable in sometimes new and different ways from them i am sure but also an overlap of some of that generation, because they passed on things to you. You are quite a gem ;) Don't forget that.

I remember one of the last times i was able to walk and go to a family gathering, my grandmother sat in her wheelchair on the porch and a aunts mother in law in a wheelchair next to her. I bypassed all of my generation to go and spend my time with these ladies. I am glad i did too. It was the last time i would see either of them, earthside. They told me of so many stories. My aunts mother in law grew up in the Indiana country and she told me on one room schoolhouses and apple pies and my grandmother, like much of my family prior 70's grew up in Gary, Indiana. So, she has more stories from a city perspective. Its fascinating to hear how Gary was before it crumbled. Of course sprinkled wih stories of my familys mafia days, although my grandfather made sure our leg of the family was not in that. I'm so grateful and blessed for these people. Its making me smile to think about now. Sometimes, when i'm in a very lonely place, i imagine myself as a young girl in my gradparents tiny house where they raised 8 children with one bathroom and it was so merry. I smell my grandmothers fresh breads and soups. I see their avocado green floor. It really makes me happy.

I agree with you, i'm very concerned for my childrens generation. So many things happened and these children are not equipped with the tools they need, especially if screens every go black. They have been shorted so many necessary life skills yet we tout how advanced we are. I remember when my son was little and i would have children make clothespin cars to race at birthday parties, etc. It was like a strange concept for so many. I wanted hands on things for my children. As much as possible. They weren't allowed to have hand held devices etc. Not because we were cruel but i saw the effect it was having on his peers. They were not learning social skills like previous generations of children. I could go on and on. Sometimes i worry...quite a bit about todays children. The narcissism and self absorption of todays adults are par none. But, i like to think we all play our parts, even in the most difficult of circumstances. Recently, a mother called to tell me how refreshing it was to have my daughter for a play date because she plays with dollies and toys....she is 8! Its not so common anymore. Multiple of her friends come here screens to noses and at our house, its play land. So, suffice it to say, shes a popular playdate :lol: with parents, i just simply don't understand why they gave them the world of screens so early. Its already so fleeting, their youth. I'm not entirely sure how these generations are going to fare. I think of it often. What i can do to contribute. From bedland.

Anyways, good chat Lenora.

Of course, @Emmarose47. Anyone who wants to join in is most welcome.

Oh, yes.....the enemy of today, the cellphone, multiple video games and TV land. It's ever so much harder to rear children when time is filled with activities. When they're alone, it takes some patience and cleaning up of messes.

By the time they're 12 or 13 we've lost them, though. What matters is their friends and their lives, although we're still very much included in their visits and talk of careers, etc. For the most part though, their worlds are outside ours.

By college age, they're definitely on their own. You can ask certain things...but please, don't go to close because the door closes. Funny though how quickly they return to games, puzzles and charades. But always those phones are close at hand. Our daughters remove them before they come in...that's how bad it can become.

Time runs out before we're ready. The baby of today is the college student of tomorrow....and it all seems to happen in a flash. I swear that even the childhood of my own children was slower.

As I tell them, "We were yesterday's children." Yes, it's true....no matter our age we remember our childhoods, not even cherishing parts of them, but they taught us how to know that tomorrow will bring sunshine, and the next even more difficulties.

Who knows what goes on with our grandchildren and others today? All seem so much younger than we (Rod also) were at that age. They'll find their way, though, but yes....porches and the people on them made it so much easier.

Rod built a back porch right off our kitchen and den. It's the place that we live most of our lives (I'm out here now). Everyone loves it and no, it's not really a traditional porch, but does have rocking chairs. Everyone prefers to be outside when they can and it's one of the reasons we stay in this house. Don't close me in....let the wind blow, the heat come and the night fall....I want to be a part of nature and thanks to this wonderful gift, I am.

Soon we'll have to go in, but fires are gathering places also. It's just opening yourself up and talking, cuddling small children if possible and feeling sheltered....whether it's on your porch, or in your house. Blessings to all of you and yours (even the ones not related to you). Thanks for your kind response @sunshine44.....you're doing a good job under difficult circumstances. Yours, Lenora

Of course, @Emmarose47. Anyone who wants to join in is most welcome.

Oh, yes.....the enemy of today, the cellphone, multiple video games and TV land. It's ever so much harder to rear children when time is filled with activities. When they're alone, it takes some patience and cleaning up of messes.

By the time they're 12 or 13 we've lost them, though. What matters is their friends and their lives, although we're still very much included in their visits and talk of careers, etc. For the most part though, their worlds are outside ours.

By college age, they're definitely on their own. You can ask certain things...but please, don't go to close because the door closes. Funny though how quickly they return to games, puzzles and charades. But always those phones are close at hand. Our daughters remove them before they come in...that's how bad it can become.

Time runs out before we're ready. The baby of today is the college student of tomorrow....and it all seems to happen in a flash. I swear that even the childhood of my own children was slower.

As I tell them, "We were yesterday's children." Yes, it's true....no matter our age we remember our childhoods, not even cherishing parts of them, but they taught us how to know that tomorrow will bring sunshine, and the next even more difficulties.

Who knows what goes on with our grandchildren and others today? All seem so much younger than we (Rod also) were at that age. They'll find their way, though, but yes....porches and the people on them made it so much easier.

Rod built a back porch right off our kitchen and den. It's the place that we live most of our lives (I'm out here now). Everyone loves it and no, it's not really a traditional porch, but does have rocking chairs. Everyone prefers to be outside when they can and it's one of the reasons we stay in this house. Don't close me in....let the wind blow, the heat come and the night fall....I want to be a part of nature and thanks to this wonderful gift, I am.

Soon we'll have to go in, but fires are gathering places also. It's just opening yourself up and talking, cuddling small children if possible and feeling sheltered....whether it's on your porch, or in your house. Blessings to all of you and yours (even the ones not related to you). Thanks for your kind response @sunshine44.....you're doing a good job under difficult circumstances. Yours, Lenora
:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Do you have a heavy heart, @sunshine44? That's not good.....we'd almost rather be distracted with aches and pains.

Is there anything we can do to lift you up? If you just feel like burrowing in, that's OK too. We don't have to be "up" all the time, but if true suffering is hurting you, perhaps we can help. How about some prayers?....yes, that's good. :cat::dog::heart: Lenora

Do you have a heavy heart, @sunshine44? That's not good.....we'd almost rather be distracted with aches and pains.

Is there anything we can do to lift you up? If you just feel like burrowing in, that's OK too. We don't have to be "up" all the time, but if true suffering is hurting you, perhaps we can help. How about some prayers?....yes, that's good. :cat::dog::heart: Lenora
wow, you and emma are amazingly in tune. Almost eerily.
I thank you guys so much for your love today.
And checking in on me. It was really kind.
yes, its true lenora, sometimes physical suffering is easier to handle than when the heart hurts.

"A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
Still, treat each guest honorably.
They may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond."

-Rumi

I assume that's Eric Clapton on guitar, but who's singing? I once read that he wrote that in the time it took Layla to get dressed for a party. I believe she was married to George Harrison, is that right? Lovely words to the song.:heart:

Blog entry information

Author
sunshine44
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from sunshine44