• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cracked a rib - COVID Day 14

Comments

A friend of my daughters broke his rib yesterday, sneezing.

He was twisted, at the waist, and then sneezed, somehow zapping his own rib in a freak accident.

I pulled something last year rib-wise (twisting, lifting my granddaughter from the tub) and I hugely regretted that.

Sympathy! And don't watch any comedy shows!

Oh, those ribs can give a lot of trouble. Sneezing should be done facing forward and not having the loudest sneeze on record.

Sadly, I learned about sneezing the hard way. So you're right....just be prepared for pain for a long time. Perhaps you're a fast healer though....and that would be wonderful. At least it will finally heal. Yours, Lenora

@Rufous McKinney oh wow on friend! Another doc thinks its the muscles. Guess if it takes 2-3 weeks its muscke 4-6 weeks bone.

@lenora havent been a fast healer for a long time. I did not injure mine sneezing- just coughing

Assuming its from that and not related to my heart symptoms. Supposedly the sore spots on palpapitiin make them think coughing injury

Blog entry information

Author
vision blue
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from vision blue