• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS symptoms start to return - COVID Day 13

Last night i was it hing and scratching and realized was the first time since covid! So for 12 days i was not itching at all!

Was it that my immune system was too busy? Was it that without eating or going put for a week there was no allergens??

One oher thing returned- first time in 12 days my tendon was hurting. Elbow from holding up phone.

So i think my usual cfs immune over reactivity connective tissue problem was just absent as my body was dealing with the bigger threat.

Comments

yeah: that.

I noticed a bit similar thing when I got my last severe gastro event. (and it's been similar to past events). For about a week, after my stomach whigs out, I have very few direct ME symptoms and digestion is generally pretty good. That occurs from the starving my gut as I can't eat much for about 5 days.

Than it like it reverts back. So the immune system does something when it gets busy on other things.

I do get awful intense ME symptoms DURING acute events with other crap. Like AIR HUNGeR is one of my worst symptoms (gasping, like a fish out of water). Thats inflammatory. If I take something that reduces inflaming, air hunger reduces also. ALSO I got intense Mast Cell angiodema.

a type of itch!

@Rufous McKinney i guess its like others report feeling normal when sick. Ive had much less reactivity. This morning i poked myself in the eye with my mask. Usually that would hurt continuously for days. It stopped hurting after 5 minutes (tho perhaps will cone back)

Blog entry information

Author
vision blue
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from vision blue