• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

User Blogs

Categories

Lisa
4 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
It has been a long several days but Im finally feeling a bit more normal today. Last Sunday night we had a big windstorm in the area which felled a tree onto some power lines and knocked out our electricity. It happened just after midnight. All night the wind waged war in the tree tops...
JPV
JPV
11 min read
Views
User Blogs
New York Native November 28, 1994 RETROVIRUSGATE by Neenyah Ostrom Have all the retroviral findings in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome been derailed because they resemble HIV just a little too closely? Whatever happened to the "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome retrovirus?" The research, which seemed...
okay, there. i said it. my face is burning. my head is exploding. my feet are freezing. and everything in-between hurts. it's not the first day i've felt this way. it certainly will not be the last. i'm not saying i am any worse than anyone else, nor that i'm not far better off than...
JPV
JPV
9 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Wistar Institute, Dr. Elaine DeFreitas, and the Cheney-Bell-DeFreitas Work: Startling Revelations from Wistar's World Patent and Serious Reasons for Concern Now Revealed! By Alan Cocchetto As many of you can remember, Dr. Elaine DeFreitas, Dr. Paul Cheney, Dr. David Bell, and others...
JPV
JPV
3 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Osler's Web Revisited -- Did The Centers For Disease Control & National Institutes Of Health Sabotage The CFS Research Of Dr. Elaine Defreitas? Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Government Biological Weapon? THE CONSPIRACY TO HIDE THE ORIGINS OF CFS Within the annals of infectious diseases...
fds66
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Glad your trip went smoothly. Hope your results hurry back to you.
Mark K
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Hi Katie, travel used to be my passion until I got sick that can not travel more than to the store or bank and this really takes out so much energy. I want to get better and travel as I did before all over the world.
If it is "fake" energy, let's hope that it's like caffeine which does no harm and may do some good. For your sleep problem, have you tried reducing the dose? Also, have you tried small 1mg doses of Melatonin just before bed? Small doses are supposed to work better than large doses. If I wake...
JanisB
3 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Last Friday, I started a regimen of colonics and immediately started feeling better. I have since done one almost every day, skipping only those days that I've travelled to the doctor in Columbus. I decided to do this to reduce the stress on my liver, since the unfriendly microorganisms living...
Kati
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Welcome wornout. Gad you joined!
CJB
CJB
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
This XMRV has blown a hole in everyone's psyche, no matter where they are on the disease path. I am being extremely disciplined with myself and will wait for an FDA-approved test and if I can, I'll wait for a finding of causation. But I'm riding the same roller coaster. Your words are very...
Lisa
4 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Today is day fourteen on the Paleo diet and I woke to this incredible feeling of fabulousness in my life. I feel FANTASTIC!! But in my excitement Im getting ahead of myself. Last I wrote things were not going so well due to the toxic solvents that had been wafting through our camp earlier...
Andrew
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Did you know that some doctors keep information from you that you need to know? Let me give you a couple of examples. A doctor sent me to a neurologist for examination. The neurologist examined me and sent my doctor a report that said there is a strong possibility I have Chronic Fatigue...
alice1
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I've been on a new protocal with a new naturopathic doc who had my spit and stools tested.That was fun. The results were low adrenals(they always came back normal with a cbc test) and incredibly high intolerence to gluten(never had a gluen test). It's been almost 2 weeks and I started to feel...
alice1
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
I screwed entering a blog bt there is one above this message..I'll get it yet.
Lisa
4 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
It has been another three days on Paleo since I last wrote. These have actually been a hard three days, but for some very interesting reasons. I am learning a lot in these last three days, things that I think had always been obscured from me before by a body that ran on carbohydrates for fuel...
Lisa
5 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Today is day eight on a strict Paleo diet. I have noticed that despite some very stressful events yesterday and subsequent lack of sleep last night, I actually feel surprisingly <em>good </em>today. I had said I wanted to write about my first days on this diet and it seems a great place to...
Back