Blog entries by Howard

Reasons for Alarms / Gifted / Instrumental Block
The Noise You Now Know Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep … x1,000 It sounds like a billion desperation crickets getting...
Views
Comments
Updated
Off My Rocker, On the Mic
Sing Sing Maybe ten days ago Angela came hustling outside into the courtyard (intentions unknown) as Dora and I sat shaded in the grass (her...
Views
Comments
Updated
Guest Appearances Can Be Deceiving / A Quiet Room Without a View
Seeing Her Face First She drove past me, but I didn't quite see her. The car looked familiar enough, though. A dirty and dusted deep red, which...
Views
Comments
Updated
Pain in Mind / Rage and Comforting  / Athletic Prowess / Learning Church
Because I've been experiencing physical (pain-related) issues, my recent free time has been more dedicated towards coping with the discomfort...
Views
Comments
Updated
I'm a Winner! Neurogastroenterologist / New Gang Members / Sunday Blues
Free Space Yes, my brand new plan, my all-new scheme to acquire free goods.. is working! Today I won a single serving container of cinnamon...
Views
Comments
Updated
Outright Failures and Epic Solutions / Social Eyes Upon Me / Wax Nostalgic
B12 or B52? I got totally crazy here at the nursing home Sunday evening… thought I might try the B12 drops I purchased back in December. Really...
Views
Comments
Updated
Duration of the Heavy Head / D-lightful / Wound Care
(Tuesday) 20 Minutes That's the total amount of time I spent supporting the weight of my very own (heavy) head today. In comparison, my...
Views
Comments
Updated
Sonic Surcease / Pain Management / Flummoxed Flora
Two Weeks Ago Screaming bloody chaos from across the hall as the "Oh God" Woman further disintegrates. Any time a family member appears she...
Views
Comments
Updated
How Did I Get Here? / Diagnostic Failure (Take 337) -
Nothing to See Here Well yeah, there may be something wrong with me (after having decidedly failed the EMG / Nerve Conduction Study two weeks...
Views
Comments
Updated
Incessant Light / Downgrading on a Sharp Curve
This is The Way of The Weary I smiled and waved to my all-new roommate as Betsy wheeled me past him. He smiled, too. Great start, right? Then he...
Views
Comments
Updated
Improved Me / Warm Regards / Mattress Matters
Notable, not Quotable (Tuesday) When I wake up in the morning these days everything is fairly decent, everything's pretty darned good for me. I...
Views
Comments
Updated
Diagnosis (there is really something wrong with me) - Pfizer Booster Reaction
Views
Comments
Updated
PEM-Free! / More Than Tardy / Pull
The Best Batch Yet I'd like to share some good news with you. Is that alright? As a matter of fact, this news is super good! That's several...
Views
Comments
Updated
Undermanned, On Demand / The Great Valentine's Day Mascara
Hostility Towards the Opposition I think it's Monday evening. Whatever evening Valentine's Day falls upon. Right now I am considering my options...
Views
Comments
Updated
Those are the Brakes / Hu are You? / No Solo Contendo / Keeping Tablets
Warning: This is an extra-long super expanded edition - many words were used in the making of this blog entry! Warning #2: Howard does not go to...
Views
Comments
Updated
Naming for Framing / Robbing Williams / Tan Stands / The Fall Guy
It's Saturday night and I am laying in bed… well, I am always laying in bed… and I'm listening to a jazz pianist named Joanne Brackeen. And she's...
Views
Comments
Updated
Nursing Home Reality: A (Social) Day in the Life / PLUS - My Decorated Wall
Decor Values Finally and at long last, almost everything went up. This includes each of the items sent to me over the past couple months, meant...
Views
Comments
Updated
Lost in the Shuffle / Right Words / I See UVB
My window is cracked ever-so-slightly, so that I may hear the wind howling on through the desert shrubbery. The music I listen to compliments...
Views
Comments
Updated