• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by Howard

Howard
5 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
October 5th, 2021 TV Battle In case you missed it, I was given a flat screen television to utilize for my pleasure.. by an unknown somebody. And Jeff (my roommate) subsequently erupted like a volcano. Not like the current one in Las Palmas, but something more akin to a Strombolian Eruption...
Howard
6 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
October 4th, 2021 Lift Compared to my most recent carry down the stairs (in June), the results were far more favorable this time. Why was that? All options were exhausted (literally and figuratively). We spent 45-minutes discussing alternate options, ulterior motives, and tactics unsung...
Howard
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
October 1st, 2021 The Phone Doesn't Ring I am waiting. I seem to wait a lot. Waiting for something. Waiting for anything to happen. And something may happen today. A decision made. Or a decision unmade. Either way, I cannot know what happens next. What I do know is that I need to bring things...
Howard
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
September 30th, 2021 I was supposed to transfer to a local adult care center this past weekend. But that never happened. So now it's... Monday The adult care center has not received proper documentation, nor my TB test results yet. Besides that, their computer system has been down all day...
Howard
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Wednesday, September 29th, 2021 (a brief synopsis for anyone who hadn't been following the original thread) To backtrack ever so slightly, I am in the midst of moving into an adult care facility. I am hoping this move is temporary, but it's difficult to say how all of this turns out. In a...