• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cancer drug side-effects

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in the PEM subforum, but tonight I feel compelled to blog about it. Maybe it will help to blog this. But I just had to get off the phone after sixteen minutes of talking. I was wiped out. This has been a pattern for me for months now. I'm on an anti-androgen drug as part of cancer control and it's kicking my butt. All my ME/CFS symptoms are are at least twice as bad now. I used to be able to talk 30 minutes. And it feels awful to have to tell someone I can't talk anymore after only fifteen minutes. Plus it's not really enough time to have a decent chat.

Comments

HI, ANTIANDROGENS CAN WORSEN FATIGUE AND COGNITIVE ISSUES, WHAT DRUG ARE YOU USING?

The air starved side effect of ME/CFS probably isn't helping either. I've had to tell a few people lately that I do better with emails and texting and that phone conversations are really hard for me right now so I have a little idea of how you might feel.

Blog entry information

Author
Andrew
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Andrew