• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by Dainty

Dainty
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
...so this is what normal feels like. I can't tell you how many times I've had that thought in the past couple months. It's somewhat akin to the sense of coming home after a long trip, and yet somehow it seems better than it ever was before. When I first began this treatment, the initial...
Dainty
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
User Blogs
Some major repair work is continuing to happen in my body under cranial osteopathy treatments, so I figured it was time to write another update. Something unique about this treatment is that it isn't about finding all the problems and manually adjusting each one. Rather, the philosophy of...
Dainty
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I swallow wrong. Not that I ever would have guessed it. Who thinks about the manner in which they swallow, anyway? Isn't that something you just sort of, well, do? Today I had a very simple goal: find a way to be more relaxed while eating, with an emphasis on savoring the food rather than...
Dainty
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Remember last week where I had that day of agony as my teeth moved? Turns out there was a little more going on with that. To begin where I left off: What I neglected to share here is that I suspected I might be growing a new set of wisdom teeth. But that doesn't happen, right? Silly Dainty...
Dainty
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I just realized I've been animately engaged in conversation and research for the past 7 hours straight and not only have I not overdone it, but also my nervous system is not wound up. I should rest well after completing this post. After yesterday's exhaustion, I woke up feeling normal - my new...
Dainty
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Edit: A couple hours after writing this I managed to get some rest, and as the pain eased I fell asleep. Since waking it has been only mild discomfort and adjusting to the new bite. My osteo did reply with advise to press on certian areas to ease hte matter but I was already asleep by then...
Dainty
5 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Someone requested a more detailed explanation of what my "structural issues" are. Creating a summary is difficult for a few reasons: One is that osteopaths don't tend to be a very talkative bunch. Another is that sometimes one issue doesn't make itself clear until a after a different issue is...
Dainty
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Since several people have mentioned EDS and hypermobility I thought I'd share my experience with that in case it's helpful for those considering the treatment I'm doing. I have several hypermobile joints that sometimes quite painfully slide out of alignment. I have not been officially...
Dainty
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Just to demonstrate the difference from day to day - and because I feel like writing more - I figured I'd give an update on how today went in light of yesterday's excitement, since this style of progress is my normal life now. I may only be receiving treatment once every 4-6 weeks but I feel...
Dainty
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Before I experienced it myself, it was hard to picture what structural shifts or releases were like. My closest idea to it was chiropractics, some particularly effective massage sessions, or certain stretching techniques from my athletic days that sometimes popped my joints wrong. However none...
Dainty
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Lately I've been reminiscing about the changes in my life the past 7 or 8 months or so. I felt like writing about them, and it seems this blog is a good place for it. This entry is about my shower bench. My shower is small, even smaller than most tiny showers, being in an RV trailer or...
Dainty
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I'd been having a string of bad days, and today there was a delightful break in the clouds. I'm thankful for good days. My pain levels were barely high enough to keep me from resting but nothing that a good distraction wouldn't take care of. I got up to find the chatroom just the right...
Dainty
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I love you all. I was just about to take a much-needed nap, but after I had turned off the computer and began my routine of winding down I presently came to pondering how much of a blessing this community is, and, despite myself, I snuck back on here to write a post. They say you don't...
Dainty
4 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
This morning I was sitting in bed at the computer going about my normal everyday business when I heard a soft whirring sound and a flicker of movement caught my eye. It was a bird! A little wren (I think) had managed to come inside and was perched next to my bed, observing me inquisitively...
Dainty
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I laughed out loud today. By myself. I suppose it's considered an odd thing to do, seeing as laughter is generally shared with others. But sometimes joy gets the better of me and I don't particularly see a need to repress it, resulting in such an outpouring of mirth that it's no wonder...
Dainty
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I love the rain. I used to go out in the midst of a downpour and get absolutely soaked, dragging along siblings or friends or whoever else would join me to get as wet as possible - chilled to the bone and having a blast - then warming up afterwards with a hot shower, dry clothes, and a cup of...
Dainty
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I've been thinking of starting a blog here for a while now, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to focus on. I could just write about health, but that information seems best reserved for discussions where it is relevant, otherwise it can just be depressing at the end of a day. I could write my...