• Phoenix Rising needs funds to operate: please consider donating to support PR

Blog entries by Dainty

My bridal gown was huge and gorgeous. And also impractical. I could hardly go anywhere on my own, and my dad had just told me to stay put or else...
Views
Comments
Updated
I feel like I should keep writing these even though they seem somewhat boring. Progress is slow, and I work hard for it in ways people don't see...
Views
Comments
Updated
(I originally published this on private social media about 9 months ago. It is geared towards people unfamiliar with our types of struggles. I...
Views
Comments
Updated
Last week was hell. It's the hardest I have pushed myself since my years of being mostly bedridden. That was the case even before the viral bug...
Views
Updated
I was participating in one of the fiery threads when I got this thrown at me: What a weird and inflammatory thing to say. We'll need to put...
Views
Comments
Updated
I was raised by a mom that's fluent in ancient Greek and taught logic classes on the side. From her I learned that conflict resolution was all...
Views
Comments
Updated
I went in for another treatment about a week ago. I hadn't been there in a while, due to expenses. But I knew my body needed it. He taught me...
Views
Comments
Updated
I used to share a lot of these, but it's been a while. I'm still "doing the process" of healing, as my osteo and those close to me have come to...
Views
Comments
Updated
I'm sitting here sipping hot Egyptian Licorice tea watching the morning rays topple through the window. I can't remember the last time I felt this...
Views
Comments
Updated
I got a job! This is significant, as it's the first time in my life I have ever been an employee. Previously I was always too ill, ever since a...
Views
Comments
Updated
(Hope you all don't mind me posting something here that has nothing to do with ME/CFS. There's been a major change to my life via my partner's job...
Views
Comments
Updated
So I have a new primary doctor. I never really expect the doctors who take medicaid to actually help much, but I've found that they can at least...
Views
Comments
Updated
Many of you are familiar with the basics of my story. Mostly bedridden for 8.5 years, then significant improvement from a combination of n...
Views
Comments
Updated
So, I recently got 3 teeth pulled. They were all infected, so they had to go. Predictably, my body crashed - I slept about 22 hours/day for 3...
Views
Comments
Updated
Today I watched that amazing TED talk by Jennifer Brea for the first time. And it all comes flooding back. The non-stop wall of pain. The...
Views
Comments
Updated
Intro Many of you once knew me as one of the sickest patients on here. I can still remember the days where all I could handle was the chatroom...
Views
Comments
Updated
Being disabled gets to me sometimes. Usually I can shake it off. When an unexpected loud noise causes me to suddenly shriek and collapse? Ahem...
Views
Comments
Updated
I'm still living in a van. A minivan, now, to blend in better. I find that with a handicap placard and the ability to have my entire "home"...
Views
Comments
Updated