• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trying to Find my energy envelope - progress, but not nearly there

A short post today -

A friend gave me a heart monitor to use for pacing. I quickly realized I needed to do some major scaling back on my activities, then using the heart monitor to fine tune things. For the past few weeks, I've been scaling back. I try not to overdo on any given day, and rest a LOT more than in the past. I've seen some good results. I even have times when I feel pretty good! Not healthy, but pretty good for this body.

Yesterday I overdid, and am pretty wiped today. In the past, scaling back my activities was something I DIDN'T WANT TO DO. For lots of reasons, I did as much as possible, as opposed to as much as my body indicated I should. As you can guess, this resulted in plenty of total wipe outs, and an overall deterioration.

I've reached the point where I usually don't mind stopping when my body says to. Rest and pacing isn't something I'm forced to do, but something I can do for myself. A nice benefit is that I think I'll actually get a bit more done. I certainly can think more clearly about what I do, therefore being more efficient.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
November Girl
Read time
1 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from November Girl