• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Shes a Big Girl Now

Recently, i was left alone for 3 days BUT with my children this time. One is 18 and requires a different kind of attention to the newly turned 9 year old. This may be a normal week for most mothers....but not me. I am not most mothers because i am unable mostly to take care of myself. BUT i have been making improvements, mostly cognitive but some minor physical (still bedridden though). So, whereas it use to be assumed and known i couldn't take care of myself let alone my children....this was the first time my family did not come to get my daughter. And i kind of silently waited...and then realized they knew i had improved enough to handled this and i felt i have too. So it was unspoken but nevertheless quite a breakthrough for me.

I may be my daughters emotionally safe person but not her physically safe person. And that was something i didn't think about from her perspective. She really has NO memory of me not like this! And worse. How incredibly wild. But we've already gone over this. So, the first night, a storm came in and she was already a bit uncertain of how i could fully run the show. And i of course cannot fully run a show but i can kinda. And thats all that matters. We watched a studio ghibli movie and in the mornings her ride came for school and i realized...we've got this. And she realized, we've got this. And we laughed and cuddled and played. Of course with my pacing and regular need to shut eyes to allow brain to stop shaking and body but its all improved, for me, to a new level.

It may not be that i can always tackle these...but i did. I did it.
Her and i (and my son) may have an unconventional life...but its our life and i make the best of it. I'm so grateful i get to regularly communicate with them and be conscious and experience joy. These were not luxuries i had a few years ago. We had. But i am grateful for my now moments. Whatever they may contain. Not needing to control or shift the story. Doing, as the saying says, what you can with what you have where you are at.

My husband came home one evening and i srtarted playing this song for her and i. In celebration. In honor. Of her normal month of moving another year in this realm, celebrating her birthday. And of me.....because shes a big girl now ...and in many ways i am too...relearning the simplest of life tasks. I may not be able to bathe myself but i can love and take care of my girl. And for this, i'm immensely grateful and blessed.

Comments

Hello @sunshine44. Congratulations on making it through the 3 days. It must be a good feeling.

I like the title of the song (or album). Who knows where the time goes? I'm constantly befuddled by it. My oldest daughter is now 52 and the youngest turns 49 this month.

Our oldest granddaughter just graduated from the University of Texas @ Austin this past weekend. She just started; no, she was just born and so was her mother, our oldest daughter. Does time have meaning or not?

Enjoy your children....they'll soon be part of the world, too soon really. Time is the one thing we're all trapped by, and has been one of the central themes of my life. The answer is really simple.....it just vaporizes, so always make the best use of those moments and hours. Yours, Lenora

Her and i (and my son) may have an unconventional life...but its our life and i make the best of it. I'm so grateful i get to regularly communicate with them and be conscious and experience joy. These were not luxuries i had a few years ago. We had. But i am grateful for my now moments. Whatever they may contain. Not needing to control or shift the story. Doing, as the saying says, what you can with what you have where you are at.

Beautiful just beautiful ❤✨ ..
Being a conscious parent is the greatest gift a child can get I feel... Love conquers all x

Your zest for gratitude gives me strength

Blog entry information

Author
sunshine44
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from sunshine44

• Medical update
    Vent and purge post***** Trigger warnings Don’t read further if you...
  • Release into the new
    Well…. My body is STRONGLY feeling the pull of this eclipse. No...
  • Eclipse
    “There will be a time, when the dark finds out that it has been serving...
  • Let it go
    Hi everyone, Starting a new blog entry on it because … well I just am...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...