• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Moving On

Last night at my old workplace I put in my 2 weeks, I have abour a few paychecks left to look forward to from them and I'm out of there. It's best that I did though, I barely recognized the place anymore, everyone I used to know that worked there is gone, and the new register system has been making me feel so ill after every shift that minimum wage there simply isn't worth it. In fact going back there last night after a few days at my new place and 3 days in between my last shift at the old place really gave me some sharp contrast on just how sickly the old place was now making me. It was bad before but the new registers radiation output pushed it over the edge for me. Less than an hour in and I was already feeling the familiar brain burny, immune disturbing, anhedonic nonsense that I had forgotten about from my days away from the place. The feeling lasted into the night, the next orning, and I'm still feeling quite a bit of the aftermath now. I don't know how based on this contrast I was even surviving working there weekly for so long but I guess the body has an interesting way of adapting to extreme situations to get you through.

I have one more shift at the old place on thurday night so I suspect it's gonna be one brutal thursday and Friday considering my general energy state from the drain of everything already. My calcifediol should come in tomorrow but I won't have a safe space to try it until saturday. The rest of the week should be the roughest thing I ever went to but it's not gonna be fun until then. Nothing to do now but lay low and conserve the resources, generally what I been up to since getting my new job is financially planning more things to do to benefit my situation once I have more saved. As long as my old job is still really messing me up too I can't enjoy as much right now anyways and instead of enjoying much of what I've really been wanting to lately I just been enjoying whatever is streaming on youtube in the evening I want to see with a side of sleep where I can fit it in.

Comments

Blog entry information

Author
Dysfunkion
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Dysfunkion

• breath of fresh air
    Today didn't actually start off well as I woke up from a migraine like...
  • Hurtin'
    This morning I woke up feeling even less energy than I had when I went...
  • Total Burnout
    Today was an extremely rough day, I worked all last night and had to be...
  • A Little Hope
    Yesterday was not as great, after a horrible morning, exhausting day at...
  • Fueling the engine
    I feel like from yesterday the rapid increase in methyl-b12 stirred my...
Back