• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Moringa

Today i want to talk about the incredible and amazing moringa leaf. It is a tree that i feel is quite possibly ones of natures greatest gifts to humans. It is unbelievably underused as a food. I personally feel if it were a staple item in many societies, it could greatly assist the mineral and nutrient balances in peoples bodies. What comes to mind especially is the many highschoolers in my best friends class in an inner city school. She would bring in her own food at times because these kids were so underfed and undernourished and often went without food. The school provides extremely mediocre food (nutrional content) and she would absolutely notice that their attention and behavioral issues would shift at times when she brought in nourishing breakfast foods in comparison to the mountain dew they would get from the pop machine.

Annnnywaaaayyyys, one thing that is certain about me is that throughout this illness my body's cells were raked of nutrients, minerals and trace minerals. My best conclusion is the viral loads (and bacterial) burn through huge amounts of my stores and my pancreatic and other enzymes are not ideal through this for proper absorption as well as a few other things.

As i've stated i've mostly been on my own medically for years now. My cries went unheard many, many times. So, i had to adapt to survive. I had to experiment alot. In 2019 thing were becoming so unbelievably severe that i literally could not turn on my side without intense autonomic symptoms. Swallowing was becoming impossible. My family still thought this was mainly psychological. I developed large lesions in my mouth and throat at times. Sleeping was hell because my vitals would go so low i was barely conscious so my system would keep flooding with certain emergency hormones to keep my blood pumping and heart alive though sleep. Every single day the intense heart pain in my left arm and through neck and chest was worse and worse. If i even tried to move upwards the veins in the left side of neck would become groslly enlarged and my heart would go to 200 bpm. Going to the bathroom was feats of survival all. day. long. My husband wouldn't do a commode or bedpan and zero home healthcare....so i had to get real creative. REAL. It felt like muscles were shredding apart under my arm and over my arm...other things too but you get the gist. I knew i was dying the summer of 2019. I knew it was going to be slow too. Not quick. I knew that the very limited digestive system and absorption had created issues but unfortunately i could only think thoughts for so long before all would go black and i would lay shaking. I also was having small seizures throughout the night at times. The lyme practioner i consulted in Decmeber 202 in Colorado believes i had/have wet and possibly dry berberi amongst many things. How unbelievable in the year 2020 this could even happen in a first world country. I also had the lowest vitamin D levels my former cardiolgist had ever seen as well as other low levels of many things.

I began getting tiny more moments of remembering my name etc, after i reintroduced egg yolks succesfully. I knew it was the B vitamins and choline and so on. I'd been eating cold handfuls of brown rice pasta and chicken all day long for a few years now. Not well rounded but its was all i could do. My family believed in tough love, so i had very little assistance and virtually no warm meals at all in 2019 and much of 2020. I began reaching a conclusion my brain was starving and my heart. For nutrients. I slowly began reintroducing topical liquid vitamins (will be another post) like one drop at a time and would wait a week. Internally i have bad mast cell reactions but transdermally i can tolerate some of them. SOME. Initially it went real bad, an ambulance had to be called for one reintroduction attempt...but i slowly started figuring it out. When i reintroduced B complex and B1 transdermally, within 24 hours much of the heart pain began subsiding. Things were still bad but something was shifting.

So, i know a bit about herbs and nutrition but had never heard of this gem, moringa. Until i did. I decided to try some. A tiny dusting on my wrist, wait a few days, then to my lips, wait a few days then in my mouth. This is how my life goes. It went really well. My brain started to be able to not go to black as quick. My muscles weren't spasming as much by just me attempting to move my legs in bed. My heart was responding.

It turns out moringa is like natures multivitamin in food form. They actually grind the leaves and add it to nutritional patties for children and adults in 3rd world countries. Why have i NEVER heard of it? Its also amazingly helpful for insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome, both things i am closely familiar with. Its helpful for digestion and balancing blood sugar (a HUGE HUGE issue for me as i was having multiple crashes a day even having food right next to me). Plus its high in quercitin which is super helpful for histamine and mast cell issues and helps lower inflammation. It protects the liver, fights against bacterial ailments, makes bones healthier and is helpful for mood disorders. There are so many other things. Read here for complete nutritional profile: https://www.insider.com/moringa-benefits

Bottom line is...its a beautiful and underused FOOD in our society. I add a few scoops to warm water three times a day with some celtic sea salt and raw honey. I'm gonna dream about the day when our children get this in their foods with epidemic levels of low vitamin levels currently happening in society (many reasons why but especially due to much lower soil levels of nutrition our foods are grown in).

be well :heart:

sharing a song in relation to how long it is taking to 'refeed' my body

Comments

has she ever heard of or tried the Tao Patch?
Interesting, no that is new to us both. We'll have to look more into it. We have used acupoint magnets on and off for years. Sometimes they helped, other times not.
As you most unfortunately discovered, when the body is severely malnourished, all manner of complications arise, and all are unpleasant. The body builds in layers, and so also breaks down in layers.
Health complications do give the opportunity to become well versed in knowledge that otherwise would be difficult to attain, unless one went to school for it. But even going to school to learn something doesn't give you the first-hand perspective of experience. The fact that so many of your past doctors (as with many of us here) were so closed minded and judgemental is unacceptable in every way. You cannot be a useful medical professional if you are close minded, heavily bias and simply unwilling to entertain all possibilities.
From the FarEast healing view:
“If a doctor can make sure you are always healthy, and before you get sick he has already treated the illness, this type of doctor is best;
If the doctor cannot tell before you get sick, but can heal you when you get sick, this is the middle level doctor;
If the doctor can only treat you when you already have a terrible disease, this is the worst type of doctor.”
I think we can all take a educated guess as to where most western medical doctors place in that scale...

Blog entry information

Author
sunshine44
Read time
4 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from sunshine44

• Medical update
    Vent and purge post***** Trigger warnings Don’t read further if you...
  • Release into the new
    Well…. My body is STRONGLY feeling the pull of this eclipse. No...
  • Eclipse
    “There will be a time, when the dark finds out that it has been serving...
  • Let it go
    Hi everyone, Starting a new blog entry on it because … well I just am...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...