• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

(Dublin) Informal ME/CFS social meet-up hosted by Tom Kindlon (Irish ME/CFS Association)

3PM - 4:30PM on Monday, June 19
The Bell Bar & Restaurant, Dublin 15, D15 EW77, Ireland https://www.thebell.ie/

I thought I would try this. If it goes well, we might do another one at another stage.

Transport/travel: Venue is close to the M50 junction 6. There is a quite big car parking on site which should have plenty of spaces at this time of the day. Castleknock train station is 400 m away. There are bus stops very close.

All welcome. You don’t need to be a member of the Irish ME/CFS Association.

Register your interest (optional): tomkindlon [at] gmail.com I'll be there in my mobility scooter wearing a blue ribbon.

Format: None. People chat spontaneously with others either on a one-to-one basis or in small groups.

Entrance: Free

Refreshments: People buy their own food and/or drink.

Special guest: Ilise Friedman of the Solve ME/CFS Initiative. She is making a social visit to Ireland and contacted me to see whether she could meet me or alternatively also some contacts of the Irish ME/CFS Association during her trip. They are grateful for our support. We have given them €45,000 from our research fund over the years.

Length: People are free to stay on after 4:30 PM. But that is getting close to my energy/similar limit so I'll probably leave around then.

Inside or outside? Yet to be decided. I will keep an eye out on what the feedback is.

Comments on inside/outside issue:

- Outside: good air quality. No background noise (though pipe sound inside was fairly low when I checked it out this afternoon). Benches are not padded (people could bring something to sit on perhaps if they are concerned)

- Inside: controlled temperature (neither hot nor cold). There were quite a lot of low stools (at the level of a pouffe) in some places which suit people like me who like to put their feet up. There was some piped sound though as I said the level was fairly low when I checked it out this afternoon.

People could always make their own decision whether to sit inside or outside on the day.

Comments

2 days to go.
3 people have been in touch to say they are hopeful about attending. 4 others have said they are interested.
Whoever comes, comes; I’ll be there with Ilise anyway. My mobility scooter should be nearby.

Blog entry information

Author
Tom Kindlon
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs