• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Covid Day 59

After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold I woke up today feeling pretty good, not 100% but still better than the previous day. Brainfog and worsened dizziness are very common with kpv but always abate the following day and almost always 90% of the time are followed by improvement in function.

Today was thankfully no exception. With 90% of the congestion gone from my head my brainfog actually more or less disappeared for the first time in about two weeks. I still have some thick catar but it's the kind you get when a cold is on the way out.

Today I apparently did just over 1500 steps according to my fitbit tracker (normally it's 300), I was probably able to walk around for 25 minutes, although the intention was to only do 10 (aggressive pacing!). But I ended up doing a bit more. I haven't crashed and haven't had any major issues from that. I am not expecting any PEM tomorrow to be clear, I feel this is likely a lot to do with my Molnupivarir courses for covid.

I did restart omega 3 yesterday for the first time in about 12 months. I herxed on that too, worsened fatigue oddly, so it might be contributing to my energy levels. PureEPA makes me feel fantastic but then ebv reactivates so I can't take much of that. Pomegrenate juice extract also is amazing as it increase mitophagy but I have been too scared to take it post covid. However I might give it a go soon. The effects of the omega 3 are possibly almost as good as taking the pomegrenate.

I am not currently able to drive though and don't intentionally walk any long distances. But today was a green 80% function day in my diary which I've only had about 3 of since I got covid and pre covid I had about 15 in a month - to give you an idea.

So I am thinking of maybe taking a high dose of kpv one more time, just to see if it's effecting my long covid, not just nuking my head cold. I knew it would work for a head cold because I found out it worked for that about 2 years ago.

I've also come to realise that a lot of my symptoms are caused my inflammation. It was mild for so many years I didn't notice until very recently it was inflammation. But it definitely is. Even my brainfog and worsened dysautonomia are caused by some special flavour of that. I think the chronic mouth ulcers I used to get, were due to inflammation as opposed to viral load (likely both). The incidence of these has dropped dramatically since I would say my first molnupivarir course start of 2023. Whatever cuases my ME would appear to be responsible for reactivating other viruses and causing a ton of inflammation too.

I am therefore thinking that Truvada is probably a likely candidate for remission for me, valtrex won't work as it's only a dna antiviral. I can't wait to see what the polybio trial shows up, even a 50% success rate would say a hell of a lot.

Comments

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
3 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...
  • Covid day 36
    I've been suffering with a ton of inflammation since about week 2...