• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weighing In as 2010 begins

The Roman God Janus, for whom January is named, is shown with two faces. One looks back, the other forward. I dont know if my name Janis has an etymological connection to this God, but I find myself similarly looking back at where Ive come and thinking how the lessons of 2009 might direct me in making choices in 2010.

Yesterday morning I was down. I went on this Forum and began reading about ozone and biofilms. Before I knew it, I found myself writing on several threads about my own bad experiences. Even on the upbeat group about peoples experiences with neural therapy, I whined and bitched about how much money I've spend for disappointing results.

Many wonderful individuals responded with encouragement and help. Perhaps my symptoms were signs of detox, some suggested. They say it is normal to experience bad days and even bad weeks on this protocol. Its normal to feel down in the dumps as emotions are detoxed along with metals and minerals.

Their words left me feeling better. I resolved to continue working with my doctor on the chelation and neural therapy for another month, doing chelation i.v.s once a week and NT treatments once or twice a week. Then I ate dinner and felt terribly sick with liver, gallbladder, and gastrointestinal symptoms which, alas, kept me up until 3 or 4 a.m, and not in a New Years Eve partying mood. Perhaps I would have suffered longer if I hadnt turned to my toolbox of natural healing protocols a water enema, acupuncture needles, activated charcoal, and herbs.

This morning is time for a balanced assessment. What have I accomplished in 3 months? Is my continued optimism justified because of one former patients experience?

I get out the imaginary balance scale, which looks an awful lot like the one Ambrogio Lorenzetti painted on the walls of the town hall in Siena.
You can see a better picture here. Like the allegorical figure of Justice, who balances a scale on the crown of her head to show that she thoughtfully weighs the actions of people before deciding whether they are to be rewarded or punished, I balance the scale on my head as I imagine dropping things into each pan to see how they weigh out. Will the pan for improvements be heavier or lighter than the other pan?

Heres what I came up with:

Worse
Thyroid
TSH up, T3 down
Adrenals
Progesterone way down, estradiol stable
Liver
Enzymes AST and ALT elevated
Bile production
Symptoms of headaches & bad taste in mouth after eating fat
Methylation
Blocked, as indicated by high methionine on plasma amino acids and non-existent homocysteine and cystathionine
Sleep
Insomnia, difficulty staying asleep, need for high doses of benzodiazepines to fall asleep and stay asleep
Energy, enthusiasm
Decreased
Exercise tolerance
Decreased
Mental/emotional
Less stable moods, more forgetful, more distracted, more paraphasia
High cholesterol for 1st time with high LDL

Better
Average body temperature
About .2 degrees higher
Adrenal meds
Cortef (supplemental hydrocortisone) reduced to dose
Neurotransmitters
Balanced per urinary amino acids, HMA, VMA,
B-12 tolerance
Able to tolerate up to 0.2 cc (2 mg) of OH B-12 through sub-cu injections
Plasma amino acids
Most in normal range after about 30 Aminosyn i.v.s
Caffeine tolerance
Able to tolerate small amounts, perhaps due to all those residual sedatives in my system
Cardiac symptoms including orthostatic intolerance (POTS)
Decreased
Urinary organic acids testing
Fewer problems indicating cofactor need and slightly higher citric acid in Krebs cycle
Heavy metal elimination
Hair analysis showed large mercury and aluminum release
Reduced salt craving and reduced dry mouth

HELP! Its really tough to figure out which side of the balance tips down!

A few people have suggested to me that they think the chelation is creating most of the worsening symptoms. Someone else wrote to me that she tried Freddd's protocol with high methyl B12 and also got liver/gallbladder symptoms and had to stop. I'll see what Doc thinks on Monday.

To read the rest of the post, go to
To read the full post, go Search for the Curehttp://cfsmethylation.blogspot.com/2010/01/weighing-in-as-2010-begins.html

Comments

Good luck Janis! What a situation. I can see your dilemma - some tests and quite a few indications of improvement except you feel worse! I have heard chelation can cause alot of problems. Maybe you need to back off for awhile? How does he feel about your improvement/lack of improvement?

yesterday he said I was getting stronger and was definitely stronger than when he first saw me. Said the danger was in stopping now and backsliding before I get over the hump, but he agreed to a reduced dosage of the chelation agents. Thanks for asking.

Blog entry information

Author
JanisB
Read time
3 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from JanisB