• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

breath of fresh air

Today didn't actually start off well as I woke up from a migraine like nightmare but I also the night before did eat some ice cream that also probably had some D3 added to it when I was out and even tiny amounts tend to do strange things like that to me on top of fact I ate lot of junk anyways. This morning around 9 AM I decided to try taking an extra 1000 mcg of methyl-b12 again on top of the 2000 mcg I had this morning and it once again picked me up enough to not feel like I was dying so I guess for now I'll just keep it at 3000 mcg because I think I'm stablizing well enough at that dose. The rest of the day I didn't do too much until a little bit later in the afternoon when I was doing some research and came across an ME/CFS theory on the RCCX genetic module and CYP21A2 which I decided to look up in combination with vitamin D and went down quite a rabbit hole. I'm not going to get into that in this post here since I'd be rambling forever on it but I will update my "Different D3, Different Reactions" topic with that wall of text at some point.

As the evening goes on here I feel alright in comparison to how I've been doing but I have head pressure and a sort of bad mood to go with it souring my evening a bit here. Just trying to prepare myself for the hard week ahead but with the methyl-b12 increase I should be able to make it. I'm definitely quitting my second job as I simply can't handle it properly. Pushing myself will only hurt me more with no benefit to anything but my wallet. I plan on starting a new show tonight and trying to get into the swing of enjoying things like that at night again like I have somewhat recently before but my health got in the way. Also still waiting on the calcifediol to ship though I'm surprised as it is the weekend and most places don't ship on weekends. This coming week should be quite the roller coaster though, never a dull week when you're constantly fighting for your own health and never giving up on trying new things. Sometimes you just gotta embrace the often painful madness of it all because what else is there to do? I'm not getting dragged under without a fight. I'm miserable and weak often but it's gonna take a lot more from life to break this backbone. I didn't claw my way out severe over the course of a year just to let myself down now.

Comments

oh shit sorry for that shit start in the day. glad the methylcobalamin does someting good for you!!

i am interested in your vitamin D investigations when its ready.

i read somewhere that high dose b2 can be beneficial with migraines.

oh shit sorry for that shit start in the day. glad the methylcobalamin does someting good for you!!

i am interested in your vitamin D investigations when its ready.

i read somewhere that high dose b2 can be beneficial with migraines.

I might give b2 a try again at some point and see what it does under current conditions but most Bvitamins tendto make me feel more fatigued, methyl-b12of all the B vitamins seems to be the exception. Thiamine in all forms has been a bit volatile there but ultimately made me heavier and weaker. I don't really like to touch the whole B family in general since it's so easy for things to get out of balance and the only reason I supplement such high levels of methyl-b12 is because it's the one of the only things keeping my body alive at a baseline. It's been like that for over 6 years now. I stop it and my body just craps out on me and I can't do anything anymore.

The calcifediol should come in tomorrow but I have work the day after so I'm probably gonna give it a go on Saturday when I have a couple days off should anything go south symptom wise. Excited to try it though!

Blog entry information

Author
Dysfunkion
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Dysfunkion

• Moving On
    Last night at my old workplace I put in my 2 weeks, I have abour a few...
  • Hurtin'
    This morning I woke up feeling even less energy than I had when I went...
  • Total Burnout
    Today was an extremely rough day, I worked all last night and had to be...
  • A Little Hope
    Yesterday was not as great, after a horrible morning, exhausting day at...
  • Fueling the engine
    I feel like from yesterday the rapid increase in methyl-b12 stirred my...
Back