• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

peroxynitrite more involved than realized ?

ahmo

And for me, tinnitus is related to adrenal stress. I found that staying on top of the peroxynitrite reduced my mast cell symptoms, which are exacerbated by adrenal stress.

Mimi

@ Violeta, from what I've read (the papers are posted a page or two back) peroxynitrite is caused by inflammation. The cause of inflammation is multifactoral, but it basically comes down to infection or intoxication (toxicity).

Violeta

@Gondwanaland, oxalates do bother me, and the tinnitus does get louder when I eat something with oxalates. I will get over to that thread. Thank you!

@ahmo Yeah, I have will go through the list of peroxynitrite reduces and see if that helps. Thank you!

@Mimi Okay, that's what I was looking for, what causes the inflammation. So infection or toxicity, does toxicity mean metal? Thanks, I'll go through the whole thread again more carefully tomorrow.

Mimi

Metals can be toxic, petroleum products are toxic (look for any word with "propyl" in it on the label), and hundreds of thousands of other manmade chemicals that are dumped in the environment. Also, there are toxic drugs and their metabolites, radiation, PCBs, you name it. And they all combine in unknown ways especially in toxic dumps.

Violeta

Metals can be toxic, petroleum products are toxic (look for any word with "propyl" in it on the label), and hundreds of thousands of other manmade chemicals that are dumped in the environment. Also, there are toxic drugs and their metabolites, radiation, PCBs, you name it. And they all combine in unknown ways especially in toxic dumps.

I have seen that bacteria somehow form peroxynitrite, but I haven't looked into how those other toxins cause the formation of peroxynitrite. Any links would be appreciated.

I was also wondering if/how peroxynitrite affects neurotransmitter receptors/levels
or myelin sheath.
Thanks. I guess I will.

I think it may be due to running out of thiamine about a week ago, and using benfotiamine instead. I used to get amazing results from injectable thiamine -- less irritable, more patient, more calm, helped with gastroparesis a bit -- but (broken record again) can't afford it.

@dannybex I don't have time to search your whole context so maybe you already realize the connection between the vagus nerve and gastroparesis. I also recently found that anticholinergics such as the chemical atropine i nightshades can make this worse, so the inference would be that cholinergics would improve it. There's a list of other things that should improve by avoiding anticholinergics and taking cholinergics, I'll try to find it, but it made my day yesterday!

Mimi

I'm in the middle of moving, but to be brief, inflammation is an immune reaction. Anytime you get a reaction you will create peroxynitrite.

Violeta

I'm in the middle of moving, but to be brief, inflammation is an immune reaction. Anytime you get a reaction you will create peroxynitrite.

Is anyone looking for the pathogen removal as a way to decrease peroxynitrite?

Gondwanaland

How can you do that? We are looking into microbiome improvement for pathogen control and lowering inflammation:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ge-is-it-the-key-weve-been-looking-for.26976/

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/clostridium-butyricum-a-game-changer.37324/

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/oxalate-dumping-a-probiotic-solution.37927/

Ah, I just remembered a thread about adressing (viral, bacterial and fungal) pathogens:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...homeopathy-to-reduce-candida-and-fungi.36097/

ahmo

I undertook a fungal/bacterial/parasite purge at the beginning of the year. My goal was to decrease what I thought was excess ammonia produced by the pathogens. I'm unable to differentiate between peroxy and ammonia in my symptoms. I have achieved my goal of reducing, nearly eliminating the symptoms. However, I think a lot of my benefit came from initiating the FMN form of B2, which was about 3 months after my purge. And I then followed the FMN with a 3-day fast. I'm no longer chasing down the sources of peroxy/ammonia, am far more comfortable.

Violeta

B2 has brought me a long way, but I still have a ways to go. Maybe the b2 helped you with purine metabolism??? I have a hard time differentiating between ammonia and peroxynitrite, too. May I ask, do you have swollen glands? I've had swollen glands for at least 10 years, maybe longer. And the worst of my illness was preceded by sore throats. I still have a ways to go.

Violeta

Yes, microbiome improvement is the goal. I recently started taking colostrum, it's making a huge difference.
Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

Violeta

No, not glands. Rather, a feeling like getting ready to crash: fullness in head, verging on headache, squinty eyes, increased sensitivity to noises, an overall feeling of misery.:ill:

Yes, that sounds familiar.

Violeta

Do you mean lymph nodes?
Yes, the glands or lymph nodes, I guess you can call them either, under the jaw. I didn't even realize they were swollen I was so used to the way they are, but at least 10years ago one of my sisters said to me, your lymph glands are swollen.

Something out of the ordinary is that I off and on stop eating purines, and when I stop eating purines they get slightly smaller, and when return to eating purines they enlarge again. Strange, eh?

Violeta

Could you please cite some examples of the purine sources that make it worse?
Red meat, chicken, fish. They cause other problems, too, but I can get away with eating more now than I could for a couple of years after waking up one morning with joint and tendon pain. I mostly stay away from it.