• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oxalate Dumping - a Probiotic Solution?

whodathunkit

My brain is fried from the complexity of this topic, but in case anyone will find it interesting or of import, I find glycine sedating. It doesn't give me the same sensation as beta-alanine. I don't find the beta-alanine sensation painful but more weird and annoying. It's analogous to shards of glass to me but I think it was @Sidereal who used that characterization for oxalate dumping. For me the BA feels more like a short-needled dermaroller being run over my face very quickly. The ones not long enough to draw blood. It's not painful to me per se, but more "sticky".

helen1

Coming late to this very interesting conversation.

Has anyone been trying the apple carrot cabbage juice?

And it sounds like we should be taking our coq10 and veggies with oxalates away from vit k?

@Gondwanaland Have you continued taking vit A and are you confident it's a clean non oxidized one?

Gondwanaland

Has anyone been trying the apple carrot cabbage juice?
I haven't ,but it seems only raw milk can deliver it (?)
And it sounds like we should be taking our coq10 and veggies with oxalates away from vit k?
Apparently to be able to tolerate vit K, all fat soluble vits must be in balance as Aaron posted here.
@Gondwanaland Have you continued taking vit A and are you confident it's a clean non oxidized one?
I took a cap yesterday after many months off it. It seems I need to take it more often. I woke up free of joint pain (with some sciatica-like pain though) and much better from the cough. I think it isn't oxidized, but it risks oxidation inside me though :eek: I can't afford the fancier ones anyway :rolleyes:

helen1

Thanks for that link to Aaron's post @Gondwanaland. It all seems so complicated and easy to cause imbalances. It makes me wonder how we kept it all in balance - presumably we did - when we were healthy...

But I need to try something about oxalates as my new blurred vision may be caused by that.

Last edited:

Gondwanaland

@alicec you might want to add taro and white carrots to the hi-ox list. Those "safe" starches caused me harm in the past, and this past week there was a feature topic in my local newspaper about how people who suffer from arthritis must avoid eating taro.

alicec

@alicec you might want to add taro and white carrots to the hi-ox list. Those "safe" starches caused me harm in the past, and this past week there was a feature topic in my local newspaper about how people who suffer from arthritis must avoid eating taro.

Taro hasn't been tested so is not on the list. Yam is, so that would immediately raise a high level of suspicion about taro.

Another prebiotic food which has been tested but is not on the list is Jerusalem artichoke (I think called sunchoke in N. America). I did the list for myself and this is the one vegetable which I genuinely dislike. I would never eat it!

It is extremely high.

Gondwanaland

I did the list for myself and this is the one vegetable which I genuinely dislike. I would never eat it!

It is extremely high.
I seem to crave everything that hurts me. I love white carrots (and taro as well), but I get liver congestion after the 1st bite. Almods are my favorite treat :(

Hey does anyone know if canker sores can be related to oxalate dump? I have a painful one right now that almost got better after the vit A. I am waiting a few days to take another vit A cap b/c my caps are too high a dose (10,000 iu). Meanwhile I am doing bicarb swishes and taking some calcium folinate.

Last edited:

alicec

I seem to crave everything that hurts me

Craving high oxalate foods is a dumping sign that many people on the low-ox group reported.

Hey does anyone know if canker sores can be related to oxalate dump

I don't recall anyone talking about this but that doesn't mean it isn't. Dumping symptoms seem to be very individual.

dannybex

Hey does anyone know if canker sores can be related to oxalate dump? I have a painful one right now that almost got better after the vit A. I am waiting a few days to take another vit A cap b/c my caps are too high a dose (10,000 iu). Meanwhile I am doing bicarb swishes and taking some calcium folinate.

A word of caution:

While I still believe oxalates are a problem for me, over the last 24 hours have been thinking also about vitamin A, as I've been taking 10,000-20,000 ius at least 3-4-5 times a week for the last 4 months. I never took it before, and it definitely helped my sensitivity to light and night blindness.

But 'bone pain', "fatigue", and just in the last 3 days "dry, cracked lips" are three symptoms of "A" toxicity, so I'm cutting it out for now. Probably was a mistake taking it for so long, but tried to test for it 3 1/2 months ago, but the lab didn't handle the specimen correctly, so I never got the result. And then when I was in 10 days ago they said I'd have to wait 30 minutes to make sure they did it correctly and it was already 8:30pm, so we skipped it. Anyway, will work on the oxalates, but also stop the A, even though the warnings in general are that 25,000 iu for six years is safe.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/69/4/656.long

Gondwanaland

@alice what a bout drinking 1/2 squeezed lemon in luke warm water (to knock off vit C) in the morning? My parents have been drinking it for several months now and swear by it. Of course right now I can't handle anything acidic like that due to my caker sore.

dannybex

Since there doesn't seem to be a main 'oxalate' thread, I guess I'll post this here, especially since there's been mention of vitamin K2 earlier in this thread.

While there's no specific mention of oxalates in this study, it did show that K2 helped improve kidney function.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22080166

I wasn't taking it regularly at all, but restarted it about 24 hours ago -- about 1/2 a 5mg capsule -- and noticed dramatically less foam/bubbles in my urine.

???

Violeta

I seem to crave everything that hurts me. I love white carrots (and taro as well), but I get liver congestion after the 1st bite. Almods are my favorite treat :(

Borax solution is good for aphthae and painful gum boils, maybe it would be good for canker sores. I don't know how to distinguish between the three.

Actually I just remembered that borax neutralizes oxalic acid.

Gondwanaland

Actually I just remembered that borax neutralizes oxalic acid.
A few months ago I supplemented boron and it was wonderful for 2 months. Then at some point even the tiniest amount makes my left parathyroid hurt. :confused:

Could you be more specific about the oxalic acid "neutralizing"?

Last edited:

Violeta

A few months ago I supplemented boron and it was wonderful for 2 months. Then at some point even the tiniest amount makes my left parathyroid hurt. :confused:

Could you be more specific about the oxalic acid "neutralizing"?

What type of boron supplement did you use?

Oxalic acid is used to bleach wood, and when they want to "turn off" the oxalic acid, they use borax solution. I don't know if that happens inside the body, but if you look at this list of symptoms homeopathic borax is good for you could see that it just might be that a lot of those symptoms are from oxalic acid. http://www.homeoint.org/books/boericmm/b/borx.htm

Violeta

Do you have a study or reference for that? I googled, and "Google Scholared" and couldn't pull up a thing.

I guess you saw my reply to Gondwanaland, and as I said I don't know what exactly happens inside the body. But here's another list of symptoms that borax is good for, and some relate to fungi. Have you seen that some people say that high oxalates are caused by fungi? I don't know what to think about that, but there is more than one symptom on the list related to fungi that borax is good for. I don't know, just trying to connect dots but not sure of the reasons just yet.

The link,
http://abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Bor