• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Joshua Leisk Protocol

Martin aka paused||M.E.

You're right I guess. I'm just so desperate. Don't want him to waste his time. With Herpes you mean EBV, CMV and HHV6? How many cases are we talking about? I found 4 remissions/recoveries in HIP's database. I will have a look this research. Do we know if he had position towards autoimmunity?
This auto-immunity topic led to nowhere atm , though it's possible. Carmen Scheibenbogen tried to prove it for idk 20 years?
Not every patient is on this forum. And you can imagine that it's not easy to convince a doc to give you antivirals for 1-6 years.

Boba

This auto-immunity topic led to nowhere atm , though it's possible. Carmen Scheibenbogen tried to prove it for idk 20 years?
Not every patient is on this forum. And you can imagine that it's not easy to convince a doc to give you antivirals for 1-6 years.

Isn't the ratio of men vs women a big argument for autoimmunity? Like Scheibenbogen nobody was able to proof anything so far, apart from sth in the blood. This is the reason why I'm a bit hopeless...

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Isn't the ratio of men vs women a big argument for autoimmunity? Like Scheibenbogen nobody was able to proof anything so far, apart from sth in the blood. This is the reason why I'm a bit hopeless...
She proofed antibodies in 30%.
I don't know. I'm more convinced that infections lead to a hypermetabolic state which MIGHT lead to autoimmune diseases...

Boba

She proofed antibodies in 30%.
I don't know. I'm more convinced that infections lead to a hypermetabolic state which MIGHT lead to autoimmune diseases...

Did you check your antibodies? What you say makes sense to me. An infection or anything compromising your immune system can lead to that mechanism. The autoimmunity is probably keeping us in this state. But then again, how can antivirals help people, which leads to subgroups. again...

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Did you check your antibodies? What you say makes sense to me. An infection or anything compromising your immune system can lead to that mechanism. The autoimmunity is probably keeping us in this state. But then again, how can antivirals help people, which leads to subgroups. again...
Checked a dozen, the Scheibenbogen included... All negative

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Still in a crash and declining. Joshua is thinking and reading and overthinking and I'm afraid I'll burn him out bc it doesn't work in my case.

This is his first assumption
“I think I can see your model now.
Need to draw it.

Your CFS is very likely a mix of coxsackie and VZV/other HHV. It’s primarily neural.

Brain activity creates nitrogen waste. That nitrogen waste starts off as glutamate. Some of that is supposed to be converted into GABA and balance that glutamate. The rest gets recycled or turned into urea / PAGN and urine.

Abilify and coxsackie therefore have interactions.

Apart from the other neurotransmitter alterations, Abilify modifies GABA-A to make GABA bind less to it. (This is an opposing effect for Ativan and oleamide. Zolpidem also opposes that effect more directly.)

The body is supposed to then make more GABA, which then balances this. In the process of making more GABA, this balances out the glutamate.

Overall, this fixes your situation.. for a while.

With coxsackie, you can’t metabolise glutamate to GABA, thanks to antibodies for GAD.

So as a coxsackie infection ramps up, you get less GABA produced from glutamate. The GABA-A antagonism from abilify now becomes stimulating..

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3590434/

So this makes benzos works less efficiently.

In your case, literally, brain activity is what gives you PEM.

It becomes a positive-feedback loop, because the nitrogen waste ends up being used as “excitory” stimulation but can’t metabolise into the natural inhibitor - GABA - to balance it.. so you get “wired”, can’t sleep and then crash.

Without the sleep, melatonin, you’re not clearing the metabolites and resetting.

With the current ammonia dump, this gets exacerbated in multiple ways.

Your breathing issues / hypoxia shows that the ROS is a problem. The B vitamins and iron gets depleted into making succinate. Likewise, what little GABA you have gets depleted to make succinate, also.

If you sleep well, reset, spend more time in a dark environment and not using your brain / phone much, this will help process the current load. Use your zolpidem, if needed.

Without this, you’re relying on LOLA, SB to perform a much larger task than it normally does.

The 25mg of succinate (1/4 tablet) should help alleviate some of the GABA being depleted. This can be repeated as needed, however adds to the ROS, in excess, leading to a later crash.

Enjoy your sleep and really allow yourself to “turn off”.. less now, more later. ❤️“

I personally don't think Abilify is the culprit, bc then I would have been better before and worse after it. But I can't judge it.

I hope this crash gets better soon bc for some reason, before I crashed last Tuesday, I made gains. And two other members here have impressive results since they started... One who doesn't seem to like me so I don't tag him is now at 80%... I think before he started he said 20%. And @godlovesatrier at 70%, is that correct?

So I go on for some weeks to see where it takes me.

Martin

godlovesatrier

Hey Martin,

Wow that's a lot of thinking things through. @Hip - you know more about Coxsackie what do you think?

As for me post covid jab I went from 80 down to 60. Now I'm at about 70%. I keep waking up with a dry sore throat, I seem to be very dehydrated even though I'm drinking tons (this is much worse in the evening) and my muscles are doing ok but I've got fatigue I didn't have. All seemingly caused by the jab. Time will tell if this goes away on its own or not.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I
Hey Martin,

Wow that's a lot of thinking things through. @Hip - you know more about Coxsackie what do you think?

As for me post covid jab I went from 80 down to 60. Now I'm at about 70%. I keep waking up with a dry sore throat, I seem to be very dehydrated even though I'm drinking tons (this is much worse in the evening) and my muscles are doing ok but I've got fatigue I didn't have. All seemingly caused by the jab. Time will tell if this goes away on its own or not.
hope it will improve very soon for you