• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Joshua Leisk Protocol

BrightCandle

Crashed on Friday. Still far more capable than I was before I started the protocol but was really feeling the exercise regime and cut it short and have ended up knocked out for at least a couple of days. Haven't done much differently unfortunately so not sure what brought this on.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Crashed on Friday. Still far more capable than I was before I started the protocol but was really feeling the exercise regime and cut it short and have ended up knocked out for at least a couple of days. Haven't done much differently unfortunately so not sure what brought this on.
Fuck! Hope it gets better quickly

JES

Added inosine pranobrex yesterday... 1/4 pill yesterday, 1/4 today. Woke up with heavy sore throat, extremely fatigued and brain fogges. Feeling terrible... No energy... I'm know afraid it could make me permanently worse like some users here. Should I stop it? I'm a bit desperate cause I'm getting weaker every hour and barely can't keep my eyes open

Only have experience from taking the supplemental inosine, which caused something that felt like a similar immune activation as beta glucans, reishi and a load of other things which are supposed to assist immune function. This immune activation makes fatigue much worse, increases the brain fog and neuropathic pain, it's like a volume switch where every existing symptom gets a bit worse.

I didn't end up permanently any worse, but even with this being several years ago I still remember I felt crap for someone with mild/moderate ME/CFS. I sometimes wonder if I should have stuck with treatments that made me worse for longer. It's such a difficult game to play because on one hand you risk wasting several month of life feeling even worse, but on the other hand there is a small potential upside with everything. Must be even harder to make these choices when you are severe.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3

godlovesatrier

I've been told online that inosine and pranobrex are completely different? At least that's what I got told.

Inosine definitely immune modulates. As you both know. There's a lady who's used it in the states to more or less get to 90%, that and she necks Lauricidin regularly. Those two together. I also think there's more to the dosing regime than meetings the eye with glucans, I am experiencing a similair immune modulation effect with ACV as well, but ACV is meant to increase mitochondrial krebs cycle energy by increasing succinate as I understand, but then it also has anti viral properties (it got me wondering, is that the perfect ME combo). As if the body is over stimulated, even with anti virals, but no energy fix, well that might be a recipe for disaster.

Anyway inosine is an interesting one but the recommended dosing is something like 5 days on at full dose, 2 days off, 5 days at low dose, 5 days off, then 5 days at mid dose, and cycle. It seems glucans also loose their efficacy after a few weeks, but it's not clear what dosing regime to follow with them.

godlovesatrier

haha right so they weren't 100% correct then, thanks for the link!

I got immune modulator benefit with inosine, but the effect would wear off after an hour and wasn't sustained long term hence the dosing cycle mentioned.

godlovesatrier

I forget which doctor recommends that dosing cycle I mentioned but he basically says if you don't take different doses and take a week off every 3 or 4 weeks it completely looses it's effectiveness because the body gets used to it and it stops working. Not surprising when so many ME patients find the same thing, I wouldn't be surprised if this is also true in healthy people as well but we're hte only ones that see it because we experiment so much.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I forget which doctor recommends that dosing cycle I mentioned but he basically says if you don't take different doses and take a week off every 3 or 4 weeks it completely looses it's effectiveness because the body gets used to it and it stops working. Not surprising when so many ME patients find the same thing, I wouldn't be surprised if this is also true in healthy people as well but we're hte only ones that see it because we experiment so much.
Yes to go off and on ok, but the increase and decrease?!???? Wtf

YippeeKi YOW !!

I was just thinking of you @Martin aka paused||M.E. and @Push Fwd , and hoping you were having a peaceful and restorative Holiday Season.

As always, affection and respect, and hopes for a miraculous turn-around in 2022 !!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :hug::hug::hug::hug: :love:
1640386304139.png
.... or whatever ....
Kwanza, Hanukkah, Yule,
Evergreen Worship ... all
are welcome ....

Martin aka paused||M.E.