• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Go west young man", a podcast interview with a guest who did mold avoidance to put his illness in remission

frozenborderline

Here's a new one, particularly long, in which I interview a friend I knew from school who got sick with similar issues simultaneously to me and ended up pursuing mold avoidance in new Mexico. We talk about his whole journey but at the end we get into his visions for using permaculture to remediate toxins

Listen to "Go West Young Man": An Interview with Jacob Jones by Headless Youth Podcast on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/QPd9z

@Hip you may find this interesting, near the end i go over some ideas and studies re the outdoor microbiome

frozenborderline

IMG_20220122_060126_491.jpg
IMG_20220122_060129_761.jpg

Edward abbey writing about good air and bad air and its effect on health

frozenborderline

Please listen to this podcast guys. It talks about my friends story who went to the same college as me. I know it's very long ... maybe we should've broken it up into parts

frozenborderline

Lucas synth stuff is subtle but perfect. Like maybe it could have been used more points in the podcast , but it doesn't need to be more aggressive, I like it...

It starts around 37 minutes in I think.

It's really nice simple improvised stuff that is subtle again, sine wave focused, sounds like organ a bit

The section around 38 minutes could be good excerpt for a preview or something , talking about how the homes we returned to aren't true refuges , how we're seeking shelter and real home /refuge

At around 42 minutes , maybe a bit earlier or later , I talk about why air purifiers don't work well, or hepa ones , for mold or mycotoxins... having annotation of that would be good

I didn't realize how listenable this was and how much detailed science and mold avoidance anecdotes and experiential data there was. Should totally cut some new previews of it, both audio and video!!! Could be treasure trove of audio for a documentary on this illness... short video supercut of this w original photos or footage
1:07 to 1:08 when some of the discussion of Tucson and Vegas start ...

There's good subtle synth stuff from lucas in background... there's there's good discussion of the "gradient shift"/contrast from red rock canyon to downtown Vegas..
Around 1:20 on, there's stuff about how becoming sick from environmental illness radicalized me ...
"Eco defense is self defense "
After that point we talk about new Mexico, especially Northern NM... the beauty of it, Jacob's recovery and how he balanced working in a moldy area with healing ... the Taos Mesa