• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Curcumin, caryophyllene, and the cannabinoid connection

GlassCannonLife

Have you tried CBD oil? Any effects? Or LDN? Did LDN have any effects? LDN seems to have helped some 70% of CFS patients according a retrospective study. It has effects partly similar to that of beta-caryophyllene in cell membrane. There is natural copaiba oil and refined (isolate). Which one you used? They are not the same.

I think it is natural - is that good or bad?

I take THC oil for sleep, it helps with sleep but not ME. Started it much more recently than the copaiba though. Never tried CBD oil.

Tried LDN only for a few weeks back when I first became severe. Gave me worse brain fog and messed with my sleep so I stopped it. I will probably retry it soon. I don't think it has actually helped 70 % of people when you look at the reports here but I'm not sure.

Edit:
This is the one I've used.

Last edited:

CSMLSM

Just thought I'd share, one of my doctors recommended that I tried copaiba oil in Dec 2019.

I've used it on and off since then, tried transdermal and sublingual and have noticed zero effect from it unfortunately..

I just rub the pure oil on part of my leg or do a few drops under my tongue but yeah never noticed it did anything. I don't think it's a supplier issue as the oil is from a reputed essential oil and cosmetic ingredient supplier local to me. I could try a different brand perhaps but yeah, has not been a miracle cure for me so far.
Look a few drops a few times a day is not going to do it. At first at least every 2 hour via a route that gets to the brain and nervous system before the liver.
1. intranasal (Not practical)
2. The lungs (vaporisation, impractical unless trying to get high does in quicker)
3. Sublingually (Practical),

Turmeric is full of it but its not curing anyone. You would not be able to eat enough and eating would not get any intact to the brain and nervous system to work.

Acceptance of fact and truth is a personal choice, I just want to share the greatness of health with you all.
Its complicated and not simple to understand but I am willing to keep trying as I feel it is my responsibility to.
If you feel this is not worth your time then please leave me to help others.

Not miracle cure but effective way to control the condition.

You dont have to believe me just go look at the latest evidence I have posted about this oil. Your choice.

(1) Members Only - Amazing resource (video) on Caryophyllene the science and potential! | Phoenix Rising ME/CFS Forums

Daniel

CSMLSM

Have you tried CBD oil? Any effects? Or LDN? Did LDN have any effects? LDN seems to have helped some 70% of CFS patients according a retrospective study. It has effects partly similar to that of beta-caryophyllene in cell membrane. There is natural copaiba oil and refined (isolate). Which one you used? They are not the same.
Excellent post

Daniel

Johannes

I think it is natural - is that good or bad?

I take THC oil for sleep, it helps with sleep but not ME. Started it much more recently than the copaiba though. Never tried CBD oil.

Tried LDN only for a few weeks back when I first became severe. Gave me worse brain fog and messed with my sleep so I stopped it. I will probably retry it soon. I don't think it has actually helped 70 % of people when you look at the reports here but I'm not sure.

Edit:
This is the one I've used.

There is no good or bad because nobody yet knows what exactly it is that may help with copaiba oil. Is it Beta-caryophyllene or is it Beta-caryophyllene + other components of copaiba oil.

The product you use is natural steam distilled oil that has all the components in it, that naturally come from the tree of which it is taken from. CBD isolates are extracted from natural oil and are purified from anything else than Beta-caryophyllene. Well, not anything else, because isolates have 80 to 90% BCD so 10% to 20% are still something else.

That retrospective study was made in Finland. Please see:
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/21641846.2019.1692770

As it is retrospective, it is not placebo controlled peer reviewed study but interesting anyways because of its vast number of patients.

Johannes

This is for you, who's interested about BCP's key properties. One, more known, ofcource is that it reduces inflammation but another, also very important is, that it affects to cells ion bathways and calsium equilibrium. Here is more about that.

This is an article concerning LDN's calsium ion channel properties:

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2019.02545/full

According to this article a small study has shown that CFS patients cell membranes don't let calsium into the cells normally. The calsium level inside the cells is way too low causing all sorts of problems, for example problems in energy production. Energy production problems are in key role finding treatment for CFS. Taking more calsium doesn't help, because ion channels wount let it through into the cells. However, LDN normalizes the functioning of calsium ion channels letting calsium into the cells.

Similar effect have been found with Beta-caryophyllene (BCP). Both studies have been made using T-cells, which reprecent, because of their physiological properties, most closely to an average human cell. Here is a quoute from respectfull medical journal:

"The binding of BCP to CB2-Rs is responsible for many cellular events:
• The activation of Gi/o α-subunit inhibits the activity of adenylate cyclase, the enzyme which converts ATP in cAMP (cyclic AMP) and activates phospholipase C (PLC), determining calcium
release from IP3 (inositol trisphosphate)-sensitive calcium channels, increasing the intracellular level of calcium;
• The activation of the complex formed by Gi/o β- and γ-subunits, which modulate various pathways modifying the expression and the activity of many target proteins."

Quoted with a permission from MDPI,
Source: https://www.mdpi.com/2076-3417/9/24/5420/htm

So maybe those that couldn't use LDN could get help from BCP.

CSMLSM

Yes thank you I was aware of such associations and am pleased you have posted this well thought out post here, as it will help others to understand and help take the load off of me :)

Thank you.

By the way from what I understand BCP is far superior not having the downsides of the LDN treatment.

A video link to (1) Members Only - Amazing resource (video) on Caryophyllene the science and potential! | Phoenix Rising ME/CFS Forums covers all you will need to understand all the benefits of this amazing molecule.

Please enjoy its amazing. I am sure you at least will appreciate its contents.

Have a pleasant day

Daniel

CSMLSM

This has been reposted here for others outside of the members eco system as this is the only thread not open to others by me at present.

Knowledge Dense, super on point disscussion about ME/CFS many subjects explained without being too complicated, all in one video. Must watch-

Long Covid vs ME/CFS | Why There's Much We Can Learn From The Similarities - YouTube Dec 15 2021 34.09min

RUN-DMC / Gez Medinger
In this film I talk to Dr Ronald Tompkins MD, chief medical officer of the Open Medicine Foundation and co-director of the ME/CFS collaboration at Harvard affiliated hospitals - to find out just what we do, and don't know about ME/CFS - and how relevant those lessons are for Long Covid. Discussion includes the current hot topic microclotting, along with mitochondrial dysfunction, autoimmunity, gut microbiome, MCAS, dysautonomia, POTS and that old chestnut, the HPA axis.

Excellent resource for understanding what is going on in the condition.

Daniel

CSMLSM

This has been reposted here for others outside of the members eco system as this is the only thread not open to others by me at present.

Knowledge Dense, super on point disscussion about ME/CFS many subjects explained without being too complicated, all in one video. Must watch-

Long Covid vs ME/CFS | Why There's Much We Can Learn From The Similarities - YouTube Dec 15 2021 34.09min

RUN-DMC / Gez Medinger
In this film I talk to Dr Ronald Tompkins MD, chief medical officer of the Open Medicine Foundation and co-director of the ME/CFS collaboration at Harvard affiliated hospitals - to find out just what we do, and don't know about ME/CFS - and how relevant those lessons are for Long Covid. Discussion includes the current hot topic microclotting, along with mitochondrial dysfunction, autoimmunity, gut microbiome, MCAS, dysautonomia, POTS and that old chestnut, the HPA axis.

Excellent resource for understanding what is going on in the condition.

Daniel
Two more videos that are related to this video, ME/CFS and Caryophyllene.

Amazing non-cannabis cannabinoid: Caryophyllene 3 - YouTube Philip Blair 9th March 2022 Youtube 27.43min

An MD who needs to be known, listened to and looked after, this guy knows his stuff and his wife has ME/CFS.

We need this guy!

RUN-DMC / Gez Medinger 8th June 2021 36.28min (may need to reduce bass if possible on your speakers ect)

The Pathology of Long Covid - Why Viral Debris May Be The Cause | With Dr Bruce Patterson - YouTube

In this second in the series of expert interviews, I talk with Dr Bruce Patterson about the pathology of Long Covid, his latest research results which suggest residual viral protein is responsible for triggering long haulers symptoms, and just what the implications of that might be for treatment and recovery.

These videos help to explain what kind of situation is happening to all of us with ME/CFS.
Long Covid is a very similar condition or in the same spectrum as ME/CFS in my opinion.

Daniel

Rufous McKinney

Hi the essential oil is 43.47% Caryophyllene of this I use 1 part this to 15 parts fractionated coconut oil, example 1ml added to 15ml of coconut oil.

I suggest using the 1/16 ratio to others as they will generally be starting this more ill than I was so maybe sensitive to my used ratio. Being on the safe side.

Be aware that you may well have reactions in the respect of latent infections that will start to be addressed and this may cause the discomfort that comes with that.

Hi Daniel:

I launched experimenting with Copaiba oleo resin...(glad I found this post, I can't read very much so I"m way behind)

QUESTION:

From your experience are you saying that we could experience DETOX or HERXING effects from taking these stuff?

In other words go slow, etc etc.?? Dont use too much too soon?

I just failed another round of lymph cleanse herbs it made me TOO SICK. I'm TOO TOXIC.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I'm not sure if you already were aware of this Daniel, but in this video on leronlimab (first thread on the top of this PAGE) it lists a website for a rheumatology clinic that is studying Long Covid medications.

When I looked up the clinic online https://www.covid19longhaulerclinic.com/ it shows they are also doing a Covid Long Hauler trial on an "non-pharmaceutical dietary supplement."

If you click on the ingredient list, you'll see that someone else has noticed your Beta-Caryophyllene as well.

Hope that makes you feel good. :)

Rufous McKinney

Not miracle cure but effective way to control the condition.

I wanted to report I continue to experiment with topical application of Copaiba Oil diluted with some Argon Oil I have....

Restless Leg Syndrome: I got really fidgety the other night. I applied Copaiba oil topically to my feet, as I had been applying to to the brain/eye/sinus areas and liver........

About ten minutes later, all the fidgeting stopped. And it was my feet, fidgeting.

Swelling veins/peripherral numbness/neuropathies: its helping on my hands and knuckles and weird vein swellings.

Trigeminal Nerve Inflammation: much improved. (jaw)

so I"m very sold on continuing to play with this stuff.