• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: Beta-Caryophyllene (BCP)

I have been on Beta-Caryophyllene on...

• Less than a month - it seems good

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Less than a month - it's not nice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 3 months - feeling much better

• 1 - 3 months - some good, some bad

• 1 - 3 months - feeling worse but hanging in there

• 3 - 12 months - it's great

• 3 - 12 months - not sure it's working for me

• 1 year and more - this stuff works for me

• 1 year and more - not sure it's worth it

• I used to take it but I gave up

• BCP had similar effects on me than LDN. I prefer LDN

• BCP had similar effects on me than LDN. I prefer BCP

• I use both: LDN and BCP

• Total voters

Johannes

Copaiba oil and CBD (from cannabis) both contain Beta-caryophyllene. Beta-caryophyllene (BCP) has some similar properties than LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone), such as influencing immunity and normalizing functioning of ion channels of our cell membranes. I would like to know about BCP's effects on you. Please kindly fill in the poll.

CSMLSM

Copaiba oil and CBD (from cannabis) both contain Beta-caryophyllene. Beta-caryophyllene (BCP) has some similar properties than LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone), such as influencing immunity and normalizing functioning of ion channels of our cell membranes. I would like to know about BCP's effects on you. Please kindly fill in the poll.
One little thing you may have accidentally wrote down a little wrong.

CBD is a separate molecule, it can be produce in the same resin on the plant as caryophyllene (BCP) or vice versa, but they are separate. You maybe confusing the fact that CBD and BCP work synergistically together, it is mentioned in this video that you may have seen already-

Amazing non-cannabis cannabinoid: Caryophyllene 3 - YouTube

It is alot to take in and I assure you I understand the difficulties with memory. I was so determined to learn I would just read the same thing over and over again until that concept was burnt enough into my brain.

Your efforts to follow this are admirable.

Thank you

Daniel

Johannes

One little thing you may have accidentally wrote down a little wrong.

CBD is a separate molecule, it can be produce in the same resin on the plant as caryophyllene (BCP) or vice versa, but they are separate. You maybe confusing the fact that CBD and BCP work synergistically together, it is mentioned in this video that you may have seen already-

Amazing non-cannabis cannabinoid: Caryophyllene 3 - YouTube

It is alot to take in and I assure you I understand the difficulties with memory. I was so determined to learn I would just read the same thing over and over again until that concept was burnt enough into my brain.

Your efforts to follow this are admirable.

Thank you

Daniel

My only claim concerning CBD was that "Copaiba oil and CBD - contain Beta-caryophyllene".

Is that wrong? So are you saying CBD doesn't contain Beta-caryophyllene? Because Copaiba sure does.

CSMLSM

My only claim concerning CBD was that "Copaiba oil and CBD - contain Beta-caryophyllene".

Is that wrong? So are you saying CBD doesn't contain Beta-caryophyllene? Because Copaiba sure does.
I meant only to make clear for others as it seemed you were suggesting CBD was an oil that contained Caryophyllene as standard. This sounds confusing to people. It would be better to say oils are available with both in. Some may think all CBD is an oil that has caryophyllene as standard. They then might go and tell someone else and before you know it you have a situation that resembles chinese wispers.

'Chinese whispers' refers to a sequence of repetitions of a story, each one differing slightly from the original, so that the final telling bears only a scant resemblance to the original.

I only meant to make the information as clear as possible.

You are not wrong just learning a lot of new stuff, I understand from my own experience with ME/CFS. I want to help you not attack you. I thought you may have cross purposed some information from a video I linked.

Sorry for any offence caused none meant.

Daniel