• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Patterson on Long Haul Covid vs ME/CFS

Badpack

CCL5 still seems interesting. This guy got new monoclonal anti-CCL5 autoantibodies / leronlimab. Look at the guy at around 1:30. He really seems like the typical Cfs pale state with like no body perfusion. And just 5 seconds later / after 6 weeks treatment he looks way much healthier in the face. I mean this is just dumb observation, but it really could do some work. So still interested to see some Maraviroc Cfs trials tbh.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Also Ivermectin always seemed very suspect to me. And now they even suing ppl for using / recommending it, for the harm done in India.

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opi...cle_f90599f8-c7be-11eb-a8dc-0b3cbb3b4dfa.html

So the main take aways for me are that statins+maraviroc seem to cary all the weight on Patterson treatment regime. The rest seems useless maybe even harmful tbh.
I think so too. Talked to Dr. Stingl and he said he is more than skeptical that IVM is the right approach - whether it's LC or ME

bensmith

Learner1

To quote the ME/CFS CYTOKINE study in my previously started thread:
The association of plasma cytokines with diagnosis and symptoms of ME: .... diagnosis of ME/CFS is significantly associated with increased plasma content of IL-10, MIP-1β, and RANTES and lower PDGF, IL-6, eotaxin, MIP-1α and VEGF. ...... higher plasma values of IL-1β, IL-8, IL-10, IP-10, and RANTES were significantly associated with higher Chalder Fatigue scores i.e. greater perceived fatigue"

This partly matches the Long Hauler Index
Yes, I know. I only said: that is not true for everyone. It's no biomarker. Not everyone with severe ME has this profile. For example I have high IL-1b, IL-8 but the rest is low, especially RANTES and TGFb.
Agreed. Many of us don't have that pattern at all. Cytokines are very changeable and not a very reliable thing to bank on.
David Sinclair doesn't fuck around.
Sinclair has highly touted nicotinomide riboside, which doesn't work at all for many people, though NAD+ does. I read his research and find that it can be useful, but I don't trust his Twitter sound bites.
Someone is pushing this onto Ron now. Would be interesting to maybe hear a statement from them. What they think about their theory.
View attachment 44336
I've used EGCG and high dose curcumin And though they have been helpful in different ways, they are not a cure for ME/CFS. They can be part of a helpful therapy program.

Badpack

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-15 um 21.00.46.png

IThinkImTurningJapanese

Sinclair has highly touted nicotinomide riboside, which doesn't work at all for many people, though NAD+ does. I read his research and find that it can be useful, but I don't trust his Twitter sound bites.

It's working fantastically for me. You've seen me, at 50 my hair had not gone grey, but 70's white.

A year and a half with NR, and I'm about 50/50 with hair color. Pulse Oximeter tests suggest that I am biologically around 40 years old.

And my formally receding hairline is constantly reversing. I'm gonna hit 60 much sexier than the average 40 year old man. :D

Edit: I will have to disagree with you on one point. David is much more enthusiastic about NMN, have a listen to his more recent statements.

Badpack

could you sum up the key takeaways of the interview by chance? anything you learned?

Main problem are monocytes. He has different "cocktails" to treat it. Maraviroc and statins seems most important, also Ivermectin again. Pots, dysautonomia, neuropathy and other problems vanish when the immune system is back to normal.

Badpack

Let’s please not make this into another ivermectin debate thread. Especially because it doesn’t seem like the “main” part of Patterson’s protocol.

Well it kinda does. Some patients he only treats with statin and Ivermectin alone. Thats really troublesome tbh. Same for me as @TiredBill . Undermines a lot of Patterson’s credibility for me too. He really surrounded himself with some infamous ppl that try to push a very strange narrative.