• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Patterson on Long Haul Covid vs ME/CFS

starlily88

I have not looked into maraviroc as a coronavirus antiviral. Ivermectin has immunomodulator effects which might potentially might help. Ivermectin is also a safe, cheap and usually well-tolerated drug.

Hip I just read about Patterson so know nothing. But articles on him say he is starting to "treat" Fibromyalgia and CFS" patients. So being a virologist wouldn't he know the difference between long haulers and CFS/ME?

IThinkImTurningJapanese

What brand do you use?

Thorne Research - Resveracel

It's got trans-resveratrol and trimethyglycine as well. Also a more effective form of quercetin. I tried straight Niagen when iHerb was out and I skipped the TMG.

That didn't work so well. I think there's something about this supplementation that requires more attention to methylation.

bensmith

Looks like my insurance is willing to cover maraviroc(or the generic, different name)

doctor to my surprise is ok with script.
I’ll try and update. I only take new drugs when i’m in decline, i hope this one goes ok.

anybody know the doses, was it 3mg? And for how long, was it a montj?

dr levine said she didnt want to do maraviroc for what its worth, this is my local doctor.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Looks like my insurance is willing to cover maraviroc(or the generic, different name)

doctor to my surprise is ok with script.
I’ll try and update. I only take new drugs when i’m in decline, i hope this one goes ok.

anybody know the doses, was it 3mg? And for how long, was it a montj?

dr levine said she didnt want to do maraviroc for what its worth, this is my local doctor.
Great news! Isn't the dose on the LCCC paper, can't remember. Good luck 🎱

Has anyone else watched Dr. Patterson's interview by Dr. Been on YouTube?

At about 33 min in, He says cytomegalovirus had lead to "chronic fatigue" and mentions in passing Stanford treated it.

Does anyone else know what he is referring to by that?

I really hope he's not referring to ME/CFS. 😕 Because there are millions of us still suffering and it didn't go away with Stanford "treating it." 🙏

Badpack

E9W8-i3X0AMQNmO.jpg

Badpack

Has anyone else watched Dr. Patterson's interview by Dr. Been on YouTube?

At about 33 min in, He says cytomegalovirus had lead to "chronic fatigue" and mentions in passing Stanford treated it.

Does anyone else know what he is referring to by that?

I really hope he's not referring to ME/CFS. 😕 Because there are millions of us still suffering and it didn't go away with Stanford "treating it." 🙏

Yea, thats pretty troublesome. He acts like Cfs has an easy treatment. And that long covid is something really different here. Makes you really question his intellect/information.

Marylib

Some people of Germanic descent (like myself) have a mutation in the CCR5 gene which means that our T cells are lacking CCR5 receptors. In the past, people said that we are lucky, since this mutation protects us from HIV infection. The problem, however, is that it makes us more vulnerable to other infections.

@Pyrrhus I didn't know that. Very interesting. One of my grandmothers was of German descent. I'm a total genetic mutt but I do bear the unfortunate far-northern-European Duypentren's contracture aka Viking's palm. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Some people of Germanic descent (like myself) have a mutation in the CCR5 gene which means that our T cells are lacking CCR5 receptors. In the past, people said that we are lucky, since this mutation protects us from HIV infection. The problem, however, is that it makes us more vulnerable to other infections.
Very interesting... My 23andme results show that as well, I have completely forgotten it. Might explain why my RANTES is very low?!

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Questionable. Like mentioned earlier, severe patients prob. go in an immune exhaustion anyway. Does 23andme explicit state that you lack CCl 5 ?

View attachment 44444
You're very right on this, was also topic yesterday that very severe patients after around the three years mark suffer from an exhausted immune system.

Honestly, I can't remember. Have to look it up again (can't reach my MacBook atm). I only remember that the evaluation showed a gene mutation linked to HIV immunity

Its not about hating a specific medication. Its more about blatant lies and misinformation. Happy it helped you. But the science is more on the placebo side than anything else.

I think this article has a good summary of current views on IVM. Although not enough references for the article as a whole, but this excerpt is good:

[Ivermectin] is now out of patent, produced all over the world, and costs a few pence for a dose in most countries where it is available. It has an impressive safety record. In many African countries the population routinely take a weekly dose, and it is estimated that a total of 3.7 billion doses has been administered worldwide over the years since it was developed, with not more than a few hundred adverse effects. (Current claims by various institutions that it shouldn’t be used for Covid on the grounds that it has no safety record are both wrong and right. It has the safety record described above; it has not yet had the kind of large double-blind random control exercise these people would insist on in relation to its use for the treatment of covid-19.)

Edit: fixed quote paste

bensmith

As far as i know they haven’t done any studies on it’s effectiveness on long covid or cfs.

I wish they would at least do some, there is obv a lot of interest in the drug and its relation to covid.

At least then we would know.

Last edited: