Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Johnmac

I found B12 really effectual for numerous things, but remethylating didn't do a lot for anxiety (the universal curse of modernity).

I knocked over 90% of my anxiety by:
  • Increasing zinc to 150mg per day (in 3 doses). (You may need to add copper after a while if you do this.) This removed the anxiety's 'jittery' edge.
  • EMDR on any traumas that are hanging around, recent & old - that cleans up the psychological anxiety triggers: the PTSD aspect.
  • The rotation, low-lectin diet. (Peel & pressure cook root veg. Only organic veg & grass fed meat. Eat the same species only every 4 days.) I also ate low-oxalate & low-histamine at first, as both were causing anxiety.
  • Eating every morning first thing—not waiting till lunchtime (as I was doing). A big change from this one.
I basically designed a very simple eating plan involving eating much the same meal 3x/day (you could get more creative, but I couldn't be bothered). The next day the species would be totally different...

This approach initially lowered anxiety, but after a week or so it also began adding happiness--which replaced the anxiety. Most other indicators improved as well: cognition, energy, sleep, eyesight...

I'm not suggesting everyone should do this, or that it's The Answer--just adding my 2c by saying what worked for me.

EMDR on any traumas that are hanging around
what is EMDR?

The eating first thing is good: when you have insulin resistence issues- insulin is very involved in anxiety cycles in my case...eating protein early in the day helps..

Eating alot of roasted root vegetables helped me alot with IBS-d symptoms- reduces wind.

More happiness- that sounds outstanding!!

what is EMDR?

The eating first thing is good: when you have insulin resistence issues- insulin is very involved in anxiety cycles in my case...eating protein early in the day helps..

Eating alot of roasted root vegetables helped me alot with IBS-d symptoms- reduces wind.

More happiness- that sounds outstanding!!
Therapy to target traumatic events and desentisize to them. Is a type of exposure therapy on the hipnotic side. If something really torments you. EMDR can help you accept and move on from it.

Therapy to target traumatic events and desentisize to them. Is a type of exposure therapy on the hipnotic side. If something really torments you. EMDR can help you accept and move on from it.
Ah , yes I've heard of that...there is something helpful going on with that technique and its used here locally by our town psychiatrist.

I have done a bit of that- its part of the Emotional Freedom Technique- tapping.

so the eyes going left and right- this- does some type of short circuting- along with tapping various points etc.

Unless you roll up your sleeves and enter the play pen- one might miss out on some benefits from some of these tricks.

EFT- instead of ignoring or pretending- there is no issue or problem- you directly confront- that there is an issue or problem but you totally and completely accept yourself and the situation.

I can stop bladder spasms- while stuck in a car in San Francisco- trying to get to the other side. You get really uptight- its just so intense going thru massive urban areas and terrifying freeways. So it works at times for- Emergency Stress Reductions. Tap Tap. Repeat chants.

@Hip are you still taking the NAG/chitosan?

I recently took it as a prebiotic gut experiment and noticed pretty phenomenal mental benefits so much that I felt pretty much 100% normal. I started to take it more frequently and would like to make it regular, however it seems like it might have a negative effect on some gut microbes (mainly lactobacillus of concern to me) and intestinal permeability?

The effect of chitosan and other polycations on tight junction permeability in the human intestinal Caco-2 cell line(1)
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S002364381530133X

These results indicate that oral ingestion of chitosan may have more widespread health effects by altering intestinal barrier function, thus allowing the entrance into the circulation of potentially toxic and/or allergenic substances.
I found that quote and the overall studies fairly crushing overall, how can something that feels so good have a side effect such as that...Perhaps I'm being over-dramatic. Thoughts?

Low Dosage of Chitosan Supplementation Improves Intestinal Permeability and Impairs Barrier Function in Mice
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2016/4847296/

Hip

I recently took it as a prebiotic gut experiment and noticed pretty phenomenal mental benefits so much that I felt pretty much 100% normal.
That's good to hear.

I am still taking N-acetyl glucosamine daily. It's not quite the same as chitosan, so I am not sure if the studies you linked to apply to NAG.

Generally, NAG is considered beneficial for the gut. That was actually the reason I first tried it, to see if it might improve my IBS. I did not notice any gut benefits, but noticed NAG powerfully reduced my anxiety, which I am guessing may be due to its ability to cross the blood-brain barrier and possibly have an anti-inflammatory effect in the brain.

Most supplements and drugs have their advantages and disadvantages. NAG reduces the Th17 immune response, which is beneficial in the context of autoimmunity, neuroinflammation, and in the context of coxsackievirus B infections.

But NAG also reduces the Th1 antiviral immune response, which is considered desirable in ME/CFS. Whether it reduces it by an amount which would be significant, I do not know. So there are always pluses and minuses.

That's good to hear.

I am still taking N-acetyl glucosamine daily. It's not quite the same as chitosan, so I am not sure if the studies you linked to apply to NAG.
Yes, you're totally correct. I've been reading to understand further and it seems like the difference is NAG is one of the components of the polysacharide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chitosan said:
Chitosan /ˈkaɪtəsæn/ is a linear polysaccharide composed of randomly distributed β-(1→4)-linked D-glucosamine (deacetylated unit) and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine (acetylated unit).

The degree of deacetylation (%DD) can be determined by NMR spectroscopy, and the %DD in commercial chitosans ranges from 60 to 100%.

Rvanson

I am the 1 of 5 and/or 20 percent who cannot be hypnotized unfortunately, so EMDR didn't work for me. It's always been Eyes Wide Open for me.

Was searching the web for info on cetirizine (Zyrtec) and anxiety/agitation. Was taking it as part of a protocol to lessen potential reactions to the Pfizer vaccine.

Anyhow, just wanted to add my note that it gave me high anxiety and agitation/aggression. These negative effects went away within 24-36 hours after stopping Zyrtec. There are some limited anecdotes of similar reactions found via web search.

Had no impact on ME symptoms.

Thomas

Was searching the web for info on cetirizine (Zyrtec) and anxiety/agitation. Was taking it as part of a protocol to lessen potential reactions to the Pfizer vaccine.

Anyhow, just wanted to add my note that it gave me high anxiety and agitation/aggression. These negative effects went away within 24-36 hours after stopping Zyrtec. There are some limited anecdotes of similar reactions found via web search.

Had no impact on ME symptoms.
I think the exact same thing happened to me but only realized it when I ran out of it and didn’t bother going to buy any more. It feels better without it so I’m stopping it.

vision blue

Do you know if NAG is tolerated by those who are amine (aged food) intolerant? Id like to twke it for the alleged anti-brain hyperexcitability. But its a fermented product basically, like other amines (even tbo can be manufactured with shellfish skeletons, same thing results from fermentation)

Interesting on zyrtec. Been on my list to try at recommndation of allergist who i consult about my probable mast cell issue She too suggests it for covid vax prep as well as to allergic rreactions to chemicals. Have t yet because had bad reaction to other H1 blockers that in the astbi toketated well. So where as befire meclazine made me sleepy, the last time wited up my sympathetic bervous system so much led to an ER visot.