• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Whiplash

Today I had to go downtown to the place the was EMF hell, I was there too long and despite how little anxiety I felt today it still was so bad it cut through everything afterwards and by the time I got back and it was actually time to go to work I was already feeling fried. The appointment was delayed too and I had to do something for another hour downtown so with nothing else to do I just say in the part playing slots on my phone for an hour. I didn't mind much since it was a nice day but couldn't entirely relax since I wasn't there just to hang out. As I was just going to work the effects from the gumweed tea were just about faded out. I thought I'd be ok as what is just one day where I stopped drinking something just to restart later? A lot apparently with this. Little did I realize when they would I was in for the worst rebound anxiety of my life and just getting through my shift was painful as I felt like I wanted to jump out of my skin and my speech went down the toilet completely. I got slight relief from my coffee break but it didn't do much but buy me just enough stability to get through it.

What is so magic about this stuff? Why was I before able to do what I did and was so anxiety free and even social and clear? Well later tonight when I got back home from work I found out why.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15763546/ - " The effects of these bicyclic monoterpenes alone and with GABA were evaluated at recombinant human alpha(1)beta(2)gamma(2L) GABA(A) receptors expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes using two-electrode voltage-clamp electrophysiology. (+)-Borneol (EC(50) 248microM) and (-)-borneol (EC(50) 237microM) enhanced the action of low concentrations of GABA by more than 1000%. These enhancing effects were highly dependent on the relative concentrations of the borneol enantiomer and GABA, and were insensitive to flumazenil indicating that (+)- and (-)-borneol were not acting at classical benzodiazepine sites. "

So it is enhancing low concentrations which I obviously by up to 1000% but not through the site itself but there's no information on how it does this specifically. I drank it tonight and same thing as when I drank it before. It appears to be pretty long range in effect too somehow. I'll see how I feel throughout tomorrow but I hope this isn't prone to tolerance and is a genuine loophole. I need it to be true honestly. I need to be up extremely early for work tomorrow in my new place and I have no idea how it'll go but I'm putting my faith in the gumweed for now and praying for consistency. When I drank it tonight I was already tired too and am about to go to sleep soon after this. Just another time where there's nothing to do but wait and do when the time comes. I did also get the birch bark extract in but I'm sitting on it for now as I need to see how this gumweed nightly goes.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
Dysfunkion
Read time
3 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Dysfunkion

• breath of fresh air
    Today didn't actually start off well as I woke up from a migraine like...
  • Hurtin'
    This morning I woke up feeling even less energy than I had when I went...
  • Total Burnout
    Today was an extremely rough day, I worked all last night and had to be...
  • A Little Hope
    Yesterday was not as great, after a horrible morning, exhausting day at...
  • Fueling the engine
    I feel like from yesterday the rapid increase in methyl-b12 stirred my...
Back