• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Spontaneous Combustion

So, a few days away from my period I am. Gosh, get ready!! I want to crawl under the covers and stay there..permanently. I was told that the reason I am having such a bad time of it is because I am loaded with candida. I am on diflucan. Every morning, I scrape my tongue and there are plastic like strands on there. Sorry for too much information. I am loaded with it because due to the shots, as many know, I ate a whole lot of stuff that is loaded with sugar. LOADED.

I am feeling really low and sorry for myself and needed to come here for this. I am going to be 40 in a month. I have noticed cellulite and my eyes are whacked. I need reading glasses now most of the time. Last night my friend and I went into the city for dinner and I thought I saw my ex boyfriend. All of these years, all of them, with no long love since I was 24. After that my life was consumed with CFS and endometriosis. For years, I had a hard time dating and committing to anything due to fear. I have never married.

My mind now focuses on my ex again, of course. It always does when I am due. And it focuses on all I have had to give and all I wanted to give but all those years I was too sick, or the right "one" wasn't there to give to. And then there are those that I gave to that didn't deserve what I gave them. The last one in particular. I thought to myself as I thought I saw him.."Are you happy now? Did you find someone who completed you? Because it's taken me a year to get over you and I gave you all I had until I had nothing left and I became so sick and it was never enough. I am still a shell of who I was before you. Is the new one the love of your life now too? How can you love so many people?" I have loved 3 in my lifetime. I have not been able to feel the desire to date. It just is not there. And, I feel like one of those jaded women. I feel jaded and I watched the Bachelorette sporadically and think, is this crap for real? Why do people like this bullshit show? I just don't feel the same about love anymore. I have never been truly loved by any man. All of them have been too selfish to love. To really love.

It saddens me and I feel that by the time I do meet someone, I will be some wrinkly old hag that is dragging an enema bag around with me. Like the woman on the Hallmark cards.

So, I focus on my business. I know with that, I feel pleasure. It's a win win situation. It gives me an income and I feel happy that people like my jewelry. But it doesn't tell me that I am beautiful. And it doesn't comfort me when I cry and feel alone.

And now that I am 40, it is ever present just how much of an anomaly I am. I don't have kids and can't have kids. I can't because I am too unwell to take care of a child. This makes me feel sad and awful.

Is it too much to want to just have someone, a home, a dog, and be happy? That is all I want. Someone who accepts me for me, with an illness but still very capable. Is that so wrong? I can go to dinner, the movies, a concert, work part time. I can go to the beach. Is it too much to think someone would be out there to appreciate that? I sit here with tears running down my face because I look at pictures when I was in my 20's and in college and sick, and functioning and how I couldn't find the right guy.

And the irony, I don't even want a guy really right now. I must sound crazy. I am just hormonal.

I hate this illness. But I also dislike the people that are out there.

I went to a business networking event tonight in which this financial planner asked the group, "How would you feel if you only made $25,000 a year?" I was thinking, yeah, that is about what I make with SSD included. She then said, "you probably wouldn't able to breathe, right?" I thought to myself, I am breathing. Barely, but I am here. It also made me depressed because I was thinking, none of you HAVE A CLUE. You have never lost everything due to an illness. I count my pennies. If I have an extra $200 a month after everything is paid...that is a good month.

We are lost in the shadows. That is how I feel. Lost in the rubble and the shadows. I am sorry if I am whining. But maybe someone else can relate to this. Relate to being single, or broke, childless or just being ill and all of the ramifications it causes.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
Misfit Toy
Read time
4 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Misfit Toy