• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Random Flare Ups

I've been in a massive flare up since yesterday. No particular reason for it, just woke up sick as a dog. Massive pain, massive fatigue, fever. I'm just dying.

I had plans to go out to dinner with a friend last night and I had to cancel. Exactly why I can never make plans, cause I never know when I'll be too sick to do anything.

Woke up sick as hell today, too. Fever, fatigue, pain. Feel like a truck ran over me. I really hate it.

The whole never knowing when, that's the worst part. You never know when you'll be feeling like this. Like Wed, I was pretty much okay, but I was pushing it. But I wasn't like this.

I don't even know if I'll be able to drag myself down to get my mail at some point today. And so far, a shower has been out of the question. I might attempt it, though, at some point. People never understand how these normal everyday things that people take for granted can be so monumental to a CFIDS patient. When you're too sick, you're just too sick.

And there's no real time limit on a flare. You just have to rest and wait it out for however many days or whatever it decides to go on for. It's horrible.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
Carrigon
Read time
1 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Carrigon