• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Never give up, Never give in

......has been my motto for almost 30 years.

We are all a bit different in how much we can do, physically. Even on a bad bed-ridden day, if I can stand and walk for even a few minutes, I do. I drag myself to the deck to soak up some Vit D.

Some mornings are better than others, and then I try to do a chore or two. Such as my own laundry. Nobody does it the way I like it. And I miss my own cooking, although my husband of almost 2 yrs does an excellent job.

Accomplishing even one small task a day, gives me hope. Boots my mental well-being.

I may have overdone it yesterday, a bright warm sunny day where the dead leaves and stems were crying out to be released to make room for new growth. I crawled from plant to plant, only about 10 feet and it felt good. There are more plants to go, and it may be two weeks, but I still try.

I watched a movie today, that will be on my best movies listing. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

Aging pensioners looking for a new lease in a location they can afford. Some of us are already there.

At the end Judy Densch has a lovely narrative:

"The only real failure, is the failure to try.

And the measure of success is how we cope with disappointment, as we always must.

The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing

All we know about the future is that it will be different.

But, perhaps what we fear is that it will be the same.

So, we must celebrate the changes.

Everything will be alright in the end; and if it's not alright, then trust me - it's not yet the end."

Many are bed bound, house bound, barely able to eat and digest food, or even breathe, but Never Give UP and Never Give IN. Always keep trying. Try to do something positive daily, try the new treatments, or even the old ones - who knows, today might be your day for alright.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
1gooddog
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from 1gooddog