• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MCAS article

So I have done some research, directed in part by Forums information.

Mast Cell Activitation Syndrome

I have had such a bad week. Dust allergies have been over active. This past week my heart has really been struggling, I have trouble breathing, and my nasal breathing has been an issue for months. I have been taking Zyrtec, which has not helped in the least. I have a lifelong Rx for Flonase, limited help. However this has been the first Fall through Spring that I have not had a violent cough in many years.

I can smell dust. I did a damp dusting of my bedroom a week ago. It took all day and set off a major crash. Whenever I leave the room I can smell it. I can barely tolerate another room of the house because of the smell of dust and because my poor little heart can't handle being up, or any movement at all. Then I can't breathe.

I found an article https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18622141

So I am now, as of 5 minutes ago, taking Aspirin. It did not say how much, but I started with two. at 325 mg each. I think that will be plenty.

At this point, what can it hurt.

Today I have felt as if I should be making some final preparations, tying up loose ends, etc.

Comments

Within hours the nasal swelling was gone. My heart calmed down and I no longer felt winded.
Repeated aspirin the next day, then none for three days. The problems have not returned. Who knew?
I will repeat treatment if the symptoms return.

Blog entry information

Author
1gooddog
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from 1gooddog