• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Humble beginnings

Today i started my new job that I was thrown into much earlier than expected. Honestly it wasn't that bad a lot was pretty straight forward. The other people working with me showed me how to do everything well and surprisingly considered my disabilities well too. With the daily process of things I need to be directed what to do but that's gonna happen anyways working in food service where I am now and largely we don't even deal with too many people besides a lunch wave where things though the over stimulation gets intense is easy to handle as all I need to do is put food on a tray from a single uniform station and throw it out, while cleaning everything. There is even a lot of standing around doing nothing and the best thing is I surprisngly don't even need to touch a computer. The EMF environment ambient wise isn't the best but it's manageable thankfully. I have to go back tomorrow morning and think I'll get on fine with some adjustments. I felt like a complete out of place person though which also raised my anxiety as I had no uniform yet and mostly just stood around feeling awkward a lot and even got lost as the crappy gumweed rebound was hitting making me feel even more strung out. Oh well you live and learn, I'm so used to things failing that it's just another shoulder shrug to me. You have a crappy neurologically embarrassing day and you move on.

Though in supplement/herbal news the gumweed tea has started to turn on us a bit as it's no longer having the same antianxiety effect it had before, I suspect tolerance to even the indirect GABA effect builds very quickly and like yesterday I feel the rebound. Though my senses with it are still clearer and there is less inflammation feelings in my head. It also messes with my digestive system too though I found. So essentially now when I drink I just feel more relaxed for a short time and then get horrible rebound with an upset digestive system. Guess the next thing I have to try is the birch bark extract but I don't know when just yet. I'll probably try a small amount first to see how I react and go from there. I feel like I have some use for hesperidin though but I don't entirely know how to integrate it properly yet. I'll need to find something out on that in future as it boosts my mood and sensory brightness a lot in way I really like consistently.
Reactions: HealingSun

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
Dysfunkion
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Dysfunkion

• breath of fresh air
    Today didn't actually start off well as I woke up from a migraine like...
  • Hurtin'
    This morning I woke up feeling even less energy than I had when I went...
  • Total Burnout
    Today was an extremely rough day, I worked all last night and had to be...
  • A Little Hope
    Yesterday was not as great, after a horrible morning, exhausting day at...
  • Fueling the engine
    I feel like from yesterday the rapid increase in methyl-b12 stirred my...
Back