• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HRV & activity device kickoff

Spurred on by this article
https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...art-rate-monitoring-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

I, like many others on the HRV forum, ordered a new HRV monitoring device.
Corsense.

Previously I was using a WAHOO tickr chest strap and Sweet Beat app but the chest strap was so cumbersome.... I would use it for a while and then give up. You have to wake up enough to splash cold water on it and then put it on and then lie back down. Half the time it would come undone (hmm maybe somebody gained weight and needed to adjust it?! nahh that couldn't be it)

So trying to see if I can get back into regular monitoring with a fingertip monitor.

Also, in an attempt to actually learn pacing, I started using a fitbit as well. Will report back on both once I have more of a track record.

It's spring dammit! I want to get better!!! :tulip::tulip::tulip:

Last spring I was able to do so much walking. Hopefully I'm still just having Moderna #2 hangover and that will subside in time and I can walk again.
Reactions: Jyoti

Comments

I've been doing a 10-minute HRV breathing exercise on youtube. I'll continue doing it for 8 weeks, as recommended by the creator of this video. I use it at night, and by the end of the exercise, I'm yawning. It's helping me fall asleep sooner.

I've been doing a 10-minute HRV breathing exercise on youtube. I'll continue doing it for 8 weeks, as recommended by the creator of this video. I use it at night, and by the end of the exercise, I'm yawning. It's helping me fall asleep sooner.

the HRV apps I've tried all seem to have breath pacers... I would like to try this but without looking at a screen so much, for me the screen keeps me up all by itself. Good idea though.

I just ordered the Corsense myself a few minutes ago! And will probably get some sort of fitness tracker too, though one thing at a time! ;)

I hope you're able to get back to walking soon and I look forward to reading your blog! :nerd:
I am sending the Corsense back because I realized...
Price of fitbit+ Corsense just about = Oura. Which would mean 1 device to deal with instead of two and I've heard from a couple people now who really love their Oura. Since my issue right now is staying within energy envelope more than building fitness that might be worth it? I will try it out and report back.

I do wish that HRV breathing exercise had a distinctly different tone for the inhale and exhale so I could use it with my eyes closed. There are several others on youtube, so maybe I can find one that has this feature.

Blog entry information

Author
CedarHome
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from CedarHome