• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Four Inspirational Quotes (or, e-hugs)

Though not a cure, a hug communicates encouragement, warmth, and caring. Since I can't give you all hugs, I'll try encouraging you through a short collection of quotes.

• "When you accept that you are chronically ill, the energy you used to exert fighting with yourself can be spent fighting for yourself." —Trisha, patient, in the book What Nurses Know...Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by Lorraine Steefel
  • “Be there for others, but never leave yourself behind. When you own your imperfections and you embrace your life, you become a better person.” —Dodinsky, In the Garden of Thoughts --> I interpret “own your imperfections” as “Congratulate yourself every day you, with even a smidgen of dignity, get through an illness-related experience that you’d thought you wouldn’t be able to handle.”
  • “Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.” —Jamie Paolinetti --> Of course, we can’t imagine our physical problems away, but we can solve problems and escape reality, all from the comfort of our beds, thanks to God’s gift of the imagination.

If you liked these, I'll post more another day. I also blog at https://www.darlanagel.com/blog

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
Darla
Read time
1 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Darla