• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dear Humanity

Well, it seems that perhaps voicing myself here at times....was more cathartic than i fully realized.
Its certainly healing to use your voice at times and especially when you live in a world where few want to be bothered with your voice.

Yes, people can be jerks.
On the internet is no exception,
but do i allow it to overrule me?

....................................................................... ........................................................ .........................................................................

Air:

This past Sunday, we were all winding down in my town around 8:30 pm when unfortunate events took place. A friend texted me and mentioned she smelled gas and was considering calling our gas company or 911. I encouraged her to do so. Then, it dawned on me approximately a half hour earlier i saw a quick post from a cousin about a half hour west of me of what is that smell. And a post from a town police department 25 minutes EAST of me of a gas leak.

It was a very strange situation.
My brain tried to quickly gather information as she texted me and understand how all 3 people within 1 hour were smelling....gas. I then decided to get up and get water, whcih isn't easy for me. It has to be well orchestrated. As i enter the kitchen, i began smelling....intense gas. I rolled my wheelchair into the hallway....gas. My heart began beating quickly. I am not stable or mobile and quite unable to exit my house in a situation like this. I would require assistance and in the past, my husband has proven...not so gentle, as he absolutely has not been taught how to handle the body of someone who has multiple brain, breathing, neuro and other issues. And hes a little low on empathy. So, its a last resort only situation. He would probably lay me in the yard but then leave because he literally cannot handle being in charge of someone disabled to the extent i am.

So, my wheels were turning. Trying to figure out where all my kids were located. Then...it dawned on me ...again....this is outside even stronger. There is no escaping this. So, i laid back down, organs rock hard and other symptoms, i'd extended myself beyond what i could and this was just getting started.

The smell of rotten eggs, sulfur gas began rolling in...closed windows. I called for my husband. He was outside. When he came in he was in denial...until he could no longer be. I called my friend, a former EMT asking her what she was doing. She was speechless. I felt my hands and feet began to go numb but not from a normal panic attack. We began desperately scrolling fb as quick as possible. Post after post of people incredibly freaked out saying something is very wrong, etc.

It felt like a bad movie. Everyone was quickly deducting gas could not do this over 4 counties, FOUR counties so quickly. Hundreds of people overwhelmed 911. They told people to stop calling. Stay indoors and close windows. That it was a gas leak and was being looked into. No other info.

Workers from a local BP plant began leaking via social media that they were just evacuated and let people know the two chemicals leaked. So, my friend decided to look one up....not great news but that most people survive after inhaling given sickness can and usually does occur. We are trying to base this off of calculations local neighbors etc are self testing in yards and houses. None of us really know. Officials quiet.

So, i laid here and my daughter crawled on me and for her sake, i had to remain really calm. For a flash, i imagined mothers and children in concentration camps. I tried hard to tell her we were going to be ok and this would pass as i was vibrating and mildly shaking. Abdomen distended. Nausea creeping in. Lungs starting to prickle and burn.

And i prayed. I prayed God wouldn't allow my entire upper portion of state, to go out this way. Not by the corrupt BP.

After 3 hours, the smell began to go away. The poisoning.
I begged my husband at one point to please drive us away, even though no one has attempted to get me in a car for years. I'm quite compromised. He didn't think it was worth it an there was no escaping it unless you drove 60-90 miles away and even that we weren't sure. We truly didn't know if this came from the air or the ground...or what.

Thank God my children were ok. Each adult i spoke to, family or neighbor had either a headache or nausea or combination of both. Most of us had a chemical taste in mouth for 48 hours. Food and water tasted strange. We all tried to help each other remain calm as we didn't know to what level it would reach. 1 hour of sleep. That night my lungs burned. Felt like a rash inside of them. So much mucous. Coughing all overnight. 1 hour of sleep. I tried water and raw honey but not much relief. I began to run some frequency programs on my lungs and finally experienced some relief in less coughing, burning and mucous and was able to sleep an hour.

It felt like a bad nightmare. A bad dystopian nightmare.
To make matters worse, all officials are mostly mum, even our local huge non profit organization that speaks out about catastrophes with chemicals...said not one comment.

I was so angry. Our air quality inched to 200. Each police department gave different answers and scenarios. The emergency activation system was never activated in time. A little girl experienced acid burns after she went outside in rain, whole families inside nebulizing all week. So many irritated lungs. I used my first nebulizer Tuesday. Entire box stores evacuated and restaurants as people got sick in parking lots.

I contacted our local BP where this leak (we are now told by officials) occurred. The man that answered said he didn't know what i was talking about when i asked for more information on the chemicals leaked. He gave me to a branch in our town that went straight to vmail.

People were shocked. Stunned. The headline in Chicago Tribune was about how our air levels have been tested and are fine and >BP is happy to announce no injuries. Thats it. People are furious...but few do anything.

A friend put me in touch with a reporter and i let him know what occurred and he happened to be one of the guys that broke open the Flint, Michigan water case. I was interviewed and he used quite a bit of what i gave him for his segment.

I will share it here.

If you pray, please send healing clean energy to our area. Beautiful healing cleaning energy to our air, food water and wildlife. Something happened. The birds are mostly quiet.

Please humanity, please wake up, in time.

****if you are familiar with gas masks and have a affordable recommedation for families, please let me know.

“And it’s right outside your door, now testify..”

Comments

Things i'm doing for myself and family for air chemical leak in addition to air filters, etc:

There are a few remedies to consider.
If you feel anxious about it I would go for the Arsenicum album.
If you feel there are particles in your lungs then Silica and in case of saturation go down Carbo Veg.

Just take 2 doses 1 hour apart and then 2-3 times a day for a day or two.

nebulizer:

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Neb...cphy=9016181&hvtargid=pla-1820412089220&psc=1

saline treatments:

https://www.amazon.com/Hypertonic-I...-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Oh sunshine!! My goodness what a situation!! That you, your family and so many others went through this...
It's so inspiring what you are doing for your community!!

Def on my prayer list for all the requested clean, healing surroundings...

Keep me updated on how u are doing 💖🌺🙏🤍

Oh, @sunshine44 how awful and stressful and I don't know how you managed to get through that. There have been some serious gas leaks around here...if a pipe exists, the chance the pipe will leak, comes with the territory. And a good chance that something will be swept under the rug.

We often don't think about how would a very sick person cope during such an event.

I"m reminded to pick up some Bach Flower Rescue Remedy....(of course, you will still need oxygen, but still...)

Gas leaks are far more common than we think. Fortunately, our company takes it very seriously and informs people and tells them to leave the area....if they can. The leak is repaired immediately.

A no. of years ago, I smelled gas in our youngest daughter's closet. I called my husband to come up and smell it and he told me that no, it was fine.

The next night....the same thing, except that it was also in her bedroom and the upstairs hallway. Rod still didn't smell it. He has a terrible sense of smell....I don't even know why I listened to him.

I called the gas company and it immediately sent a crew and said it was amazing that the whole house didn't blow up. So we should all be aware.

BP should be ashamed of itself. I hope you're feeling better by now @sunshine44. I think BP is just too large of a corporation. Gas explosions do occur, but gas companies respond immediately to calls. Yours, Lenora

Gas leaks are far more common than we think. Fortunately, our company takes it very seriously and informs people and tells them to leave the area....if they can. The leak is repaired immediately.

A no. of years ago, I smelled gas in our youngest daughter's closet. I called my husband to come up and smell it and he told me that no, it was fine.

The next night....the same thing, except that it was also in her bedroom and the upstairs hallway. Rod still didn't smell it. He has a terrible sense of smell....I don't even know why I listened to him.

I called the gas company and it immediately sent a crew and said it was amazing that the whole house didn't blow up. So we should all be aware.

BP should be ashamed of itself. I hope you're feeling better by now @sunshine44. I think BP is just too large of a corporation. Gas explosions do occur, but gas companies respond immediately to calls. Yours, Lenora

Wow, wonderful job protecting your family Lenora. That’s certainly not a fun situation you were in.

No, many of us started realizing, because of social media, this was not a gas leak. A gas leak cannot cover, possibly 6 counties they are saying now and 3 states. Yet, we were told by at least two different towns/cities police departments this was a large gas leak. This was not true.

As of now, we are being told we breathed in sulfur dioxide and hydrogen sulfide, both deadly chemicals.

Our air levels continue to improve as do my lungs. But what the consequences are, none of us know and officials certainly are not commenting on the incident beyond saying everything is safe now.

Now yet another BP leak. Multiple counties. Many 911 calls. No news coverage. Some people throwing up, headaches, respiratory issues etc. I’ve had mild respiratory and headache issues and was trying to figure out what was happening given it’s the middle of January and this isn’t a bug it seems.

It’s really infuriating and disheartening. It’s benzene leak this time. Highly carcinogenic. And no one knows what to do bc BP has bought all the non profits in our area and politicians etc. absolutely beyond frustrating.

Doing what I can to use my voice and notified a journalist it’s happening again. He just called.

Are many people standing up to be heard?
This world or should I say people never ceases to stunn me how .ludicrus behaviour is as prevalent as it is..

Are many people standing up to be heard?
This world or should I say people never ceases to stunn me how .ludicrus behaviour is as prevalent as it is..

Hard saying being bedridden. In June peoplr got really upset then it quickly faded. This time feels a bit different. Myself and others are encouraging people affected to go get things documented at an dr. Our area is a sacrifice community. We are used to constant leaks and pollution. It really takes a toll on the collective psyche here. Being hurt, being gaslit, nothing done, press repeat. Idk. This is really terrible though. I mean imagine smelling strong gas for days on end. How is that even possible over 4 counties? It’s so shocking so little is being done. The journalist I spoke to did some coverage on first event and is working on this one but people are so confused. Being told by authorities all is well and BP is cleaning up things correctly. Not one authority is saying to go report symptoms or anything on what to do if you are vomiting etc.

I hope this is a turning point for my community. But is it?

Apologies sunshine for my poor choice of words...
Are people having there voice heard and met would have been a better way of putting it x

Apologies sunshine for my poor choice of words...
Are people having there voice heard and met would have been a better way of putting it x

Oh, absolutely not.

It’s why many independent journalists are getting involved. It’s all just being covered up by local media and authorities.

I'd rent Erin Brockovich and see how she managed to fight the company she did. I'll admit to not remembering all of the story, but if someone in your area has enough gumption, she's the perfect role model.

I checked and there was a movie (documentary) on Erin Brockovich on Hulu dated approx. 6 mos. ago.

To read about what became of the town, Hinkley, CA., check this out:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/erin-brockovich-real-story-town-decades/story?id=78180219

Unfortunately, the money hasn't been paid and not all of the townspeople were willing to go along with this lawsuit against PG&E. The problem was in the water.

I've heard of other small towns affected by similar problems. Cities are quite safe, it's once the cos. are out of the zoning and laws that have to be abided by. So, good luck @sunshine44. I really hope that watching the show and seeing what occurred will help you and your neighbors. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be. Yours, Lenora

Blog entry information

Author
sunshine44
Read time
5 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from sunshine44

• Medical update
    Vent and purge post***** Trigger warnings Don’t read further if you...
  • Release into the new
    Well…. My body is STRONGLY feeling the pull of this eclipse. No...
  • Eclipse
    “There will be a time, when the dark finds out that it has been serving...
  • Let it go
    Hi everyone, Starting a new blog entry on it because … well I just am...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...