• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Explicit suggestions of probiotics to take or to avoid based on uBiome results

In my previous analysis of uBiome results I was working off older data. I have now incorporated studies from 2017 where specific probiotics types influence has been identified.
Certain probiotics are known to increase overgrowth of specific bacteria genus :-( and other specific probiotics are known to reduce overgrowth of bacteria genus.
This is the first analysis that gives explicit probiotic suggestions.

I have just finished doing a bunch of deep dives of some of the bacteria genus that are high in CFS. This makes it faster to do an analysis. Most of the information about probiotics impact was published in 2017, a little in 2016. I expect many more studies in 2018. As new information comes in, recommendations will evolve.

The working hypothesis is that the high genus are causing many symptoms. CFS have many symptoms -- so different high genus are expected. This makes effective treatment more difficult for CFS as a group; in theory with uBiome results we can individualize treatment for the person's uBiome shifts.

Similar uBiomes with high (Butyricimonas, Alistipes, Gordonibacter)

The original analysis was done in June 2017, in this post. The old advise was "Resume with heavy dosages of Bifidobacterium, Consider adding some Lactobacillus (see this post)". In this post specific strains to take or avoid are derived from these new studies.

Basics:
Bifidobacterium: 0x, Lactobacillus: 0.02x, Enterobacteriaceae (E.Coli parent) 0x, Akkermansis 2.97x, Firmicutes to Bacteroidetes: 1.4::1 (Normal 2.1::1)

lala1.png

Rare Bacteria ( <5%)

Bottom Line
The following is derived from the research consolidated above. It is a logical inference (theoretical) that have not been tested in human studies on patients with any autoimmune like diseases.

Food
Take
Avoid
  • Pomegranate and walnuts
  • Raspberries
  • Omega 3
  • Berberine
  • Black tea

Probiotics
Take
Ideally without inulin or other prebiotics

• E.Coli - Mutaflor and Symbioflor-
  • Lactobacillus kefiri
  • Lactobacillus paracasei
  • Lactobacillus plantarum
  • Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG
  • Streptococcus probiotics
Avoid
  • Bifidobacterium Adolescentis
  • Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (B-12®)
  • Bifidobacterim Breve
  • Bifidobacterium Longum.
  • Clostridium butyricum (i.e. Miyarisan)
  • Lactobacillus Casei
  • Lactobacillus Salivarius
  • Saccharomyces boulardii
This is a personalized addition based on an individual's ubiome results. It is in addition to the general theoretical guidance provided in this post.

This is an education post showing how ubiome results could lead to specific recommendations to reduce high bacteria genus. Always consult with a medical professional before starting or stopping probiotics, supplements etc.

Comments

will consumption of Bifidobacterim Breve create or increase Gordonibacter?

Im trying to see how I can help my gut create urolithin a to help me with leaky gut adding promegrante juice or a supplement of ellagitins

Blog entry information

Author
Lassesen
Read time
3 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Lassesen