• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A brave woman needs our support

Quick request ME/CFS friends….

Sharing in support of this brave woman that she hopefully gets the help she needs and deserves. How horrifying in 2023 you have to beg for your life publicly in hopes the hospital makes the right choice when you acquire certain illnesses that are blacklisted.

10,000 signatures are needed to get attention of press here. Really, in a sane world, this woman would have 10,000 signatures in 10 minutes but we live in an insane world which does not mean we give up. It means we give. Because we are all in this together.

Greatly appreciated to all who sign to hopefully attract the press and put heat on the hospital executives.

https://www.change.org/p/save-karen...vQiF6L9z6RZo8NrSdUXXjEYuqn5XQyWJOF_nEyOiMHoPU

Comments

Almost at 6k guys.
Share with those you know if you can.
According to countrygirl here, multiple people have received assistance from hospitals once press takes notice. So, there is hope.

Update 11/8

Lifesaving healthcare still not being provided for Karen.

Michael Gordon
Polegate, ENG, United Kingdom
8 NOV 2023 —

Karen is getting thinner and thinner and we are all very worried that she will die. It has been more than six months since East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (ESHT) withdrew Karen’s I/V feeding. She is still not managing anywhere near enough feed and water via her PEG-J feeding tube. Karen desperately needs I/V feeding and I/V fluid without delay.

It has been more than 6 weeks since we emailed Joe Chadwick-Bell, the CEO of ESHT. She still has not responded to us about our serious concerns and our call for urgent action. She also has not responded to our follow up letter. The Trust have not responded to Maria Caulfield our MP either. Maria Caulfield is a Health Minister.

The CEO has not made any suitable arrangements for Karen to commence I/V feeding and I/V fluid and has not indicated to us that she has any intention of doing so.
Karen says that ‘the Trust are obviously just waiting for me to die.’
Thank you to all of you who have signed and shared the petition. Thanks also to those of you who have chipped in to promote the petition and / or left a supportive comment. It is all really appreciated by us. Please continue to tell people about this petition and continue to share it on-line so that more people can sign to try to help Karen.

Time is running out for Karen.

Best wishes to you all,

Karen, Heather and Michael

Blog entry information

Author
sunshine44
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs