• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Transdermal B12 oils

juniemarie

I’m trying to get all the co-factors in place for Gregs b12 oil protocol but its kind of confusing sometimes trying to learn more about the ins and outs and flesh out what Greg tells me with experiences of others here using them.....because there seem to be 2 or 3 threads on the B12 oils and all of them are really long. Is there a definitive thread ?

Anyway I read on one of the threads Gregg mentioned that when you are absorbing enough B2 your urine will be bright green. And that it can takes weeks if your extremely deficient. Have those of you doing this protocol found that to be true?

CCC

The colour is closer to chartreuse. And yes, it took us about 6-8 weeks to see the colour change.

tango

I was thinking of trying the multi B12 oil but it is very expensive. I don't know who is replying to their customer service emails at the moment but they seem unprofessional and off-hand. Surely not the Greg everyone is talking so positively about? Whoever it is doesn't sign their emails by name,

Anyway, I would like to know if anyone tried the B Group oils. It would save me from having to take so many pills. Has anyone here tried the B group oil?

By the way, I have found some good liquid B12 that I use sublingually or add to water that seems to be good for me.
http://www.epigenetics-international.com/subcategory/23/167/Liquids

I have only tried the adenosylcobalamin but I like it

CCC

In answer to your question - we have been using the B12 oils for about 2 years. They're cheaper than any sublingual alternative once you take into account the superior absorption, the slow release, and the lack of damage to the teeth and gums.

We also find the bottle not too expensive - about $40 for 60 doses (which lasted us 2 weeks initially, but now goes a full two months). And, for once, it's a chance to buy something made in Australia and not pay the usually outrageous transport costs from overseas.

Every now and again, we seem to need a massive hit of sublingual adenosylB12 - like 5-10 in a day. That's happening very rarely now. I'd guess it is something about Freddd's CSF-penetrating dose, but that would be a guess.

I personally use the B-group oil every now and again. I tried it at first because I'm the mum of the sick son, and that's what mums do. But I liked the extra energy and the reduced need to stuff my face at work.

As for Greg's manner (if it is Greg) - he's an Australian scientist, and he communicates as every other scientist I have ever worked with. He's very interested in the science, and in how it helps people. Australians don't do customer service the same way as other countries (we never said 'have a nice day' until American movies came here), so i guess you might regard that as offputting if you weren't used to it.

Hope that helps.

I was thinking of trying the multi B12 oil but it is very expensive. I don't know who is replying to their customer service emails at the moment but they seem unprofessional and off-hand. Surely not the Greg everyone is talking so positively about? Whoever it is doesn't sign their emails by name,

Anyway, I would like to know if anyone tried the B Group oils. It would save me from having to take so many pills. Has anyone here tried the B group oil?

By the way, I have found some good liquid B12 that I use sublingually or add to water that seems to be good for me.
http://www.epigenetics-international.com/subcategory/23/167/Liquids

I have only tried the adenosylcobalamin but I like it

bjl218

Anyway I read on one of the threads Gregg mentioned that when you are absorbing enough B2 your urine will be bright green. And that it can takes weeks if your extremely deficient. Have those of you doing this protocol found that to be true?

I've just started on B2. I'm using Source Naturals Co-enzymated B-2 sublingual which is 18mg FMN. I'm taking this once or twice/day. My urine turned greenish-yellow within a few hours which was surprising since my NutrEval showed that my B2 was very low. Maybe the folks who take days to weeks for their urine to change are even more deficient in B-2 than I am. Or maybe they're taking the non-coenzymated form and the delay in urine color change is due to slower conversion of riboflavin to FMN/FAD

Busson

I am intersted at how fast B12 oils are abosrbed. Some people, me included, get a quick reponse after 45 minutes but I am interested mainly in how long the B12 delivery is sustained for.

I am trying to locate a particular research paper on transdermal B12 oil absorption. The one I am thinking of has some photos of a forearm showing how the B12 oil diffuses over a period of hours. Does anyone know the title or have a reference for it?

Busson

@Busson, that will depend greatly on the trasdermal method/product that you use.

@garyfritz I am using Greg's oil and he may have had something to do with the research paper I am trying to find. I looking to remind myself of the rate of difussion of oil they found in the study. I seem to recall it lasted longer than I expected.

Busson

Is anyone taking mutliple doses of Greg's B12 oil long term? I get a boost an hour after a squirt of oil and can get another boost from another squirt later in the day. In fact I can go to 3 squirts a day and get a boost each time.
Is this typical of other users?

Does the boost after multiple doses fade after taking oil for a few months?

garyfritz

@Busson, I was taking 3 squirts a day for over 2 years. No loss in effectiveness. I have stopped using it because I don't need it any more (after removing amalgams). I thought it was a fantastic product, almost literally a lifesaver for me.

As for length -- Greg said it would last at least 8 hours. For me I could feel it wear off after 4, but I'm not typical.

Hi! Coming out of lurkdom to ask a question. I used the B12 oils and didn’t heed the wisdom of start low and go slow—and my body ended up in major overmethlyation overdrive—horrible anxiety and insomnia. I was able to stop the acute symptoms with Niacin but even since then I’ve had lingering symptoms of what I’ve come to learn is likely low potassium—muscle weakness, particularly a tingly feeling in the knees, and continued bad anxiety. Taking NOW brand of potassium gluconate and some potassium citrate seems to calm these symptoms somewhat, but I’ve heard of people being able to correct a methylation-induced potassium deficiency within days. Any thoughts, new friends?

Eastman

@VividDreamer

Welcome to Phoenix Rising.

Some PR members who had difficulty controlling symptoms of potassium deficiency found benefit from supplementing with vitamin B1.

Some of the symptoms of B1 deficiency (see here and here) are similar to those of potassium deficiency.

In fact, B1 has been found to help with rebalancing electrolytes, including potassium (see here).

@VividDreamer

Welcome to Phoenix Rising.

Some PR members who had difficulty controlling symptoms of potassium deficiency found benefit from supplementing with vitamin B1.

Some of the symptoms of B1 deficiency (see here and here) are similar to those of potassium deficiency.

In fact, B1 has been found to help with rebalancing electrolytes, including potassium (see here).

Thank you! I actually took a Theamine (B1) supplement today after I read that it helps the body absorb potassium better. On my NutrEval test my B1 levels were found to be borderline, so I should probably be supplementing in that for the near future anyway.

I look forward to getting to know the Phoenix Rising community! :)

Busson

Greg at B12oils.com is a great believer in vitamin B2 to enable B12 absorption. I take B2 in several 25mg doses a day and wonder if there is a sustained release B2 available.

Has anyone come across such a thing available in the UK?

Busson

Does anyone know the approximate half life of Greg's oils? I'm wondering how many days it takes to wash out if you stop after regular dosing.

I get the feeling the oil hangs around in the skin and underlying fat for many days. It would be useful to know this to know how long to allow to see if a dose change has had an effect.

Johnmac

Greg told me that the oils enter the bloodstream very slowly because they progress mostly through the lymph first, and that that take about eight hours. You get about 80% penetration. The oil:

(i) Initially gets into the outer dermal layer.

(ii) Diffuses sideways, very slowly, into the lymph.

(iii) Eventually drains into the lymph vessels and...

(iv) ...is thereafter taken into the blood.

The actual half-life (i.e. once the B12 is in the bloodstream) is 30-60 minutes. But of course you cheat by having such a slow delivery to the bloodstream, by the above mechanism.

Does anyone know the approximate half life of Greg's oils? I'm wondering how many days it takes to wash out if you stop after regular dosing.

I get the feeling the oil hangs around in the skin and underlying fat for many days. It would be useful to know this to know how long to allow to see if a dose change has had an effect.

garyfritz

When I first started using the oils, I could feel my symptoms start to return in as little as 4 hours. I don't know how much half-life degradation it took to get to that point, but I'd bet it's basically gone within a day. @Johnmac's "30-60 mins half-life after very gradual delivery" fits with that.