THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

drmullin30

@Learner1 how much does the Metabolomix+ test cost? They won't tell you until you order! WTF! Also can I get this without my doctor because that will be an issue.

Learner1

@Learner1 how much does the Metabolomix+ test cost? They won't tell you until you order! WTF! Also can I get this without my doctor because that will be an issue.
Yes, you need a doctor to order it just like most lab tests. They have a find a doctor feature on their site, or if you are a doctor like your name says, you should be able to order it. The format is easy these days, you can do the entire kit at home with urine, then poking your finger and putting blood on a card. If you use the prepay option, with your doctor will tell you about, it should be about $179.

drmullin30

if you are a doctor like your name says,
Haha no I'm not a doctor my initials are DR and always cause this confusion and I don't know how to change my username.

I'm actually a systems safety and reliability engineer.

Thanks, that's not an inexpensive test so I'll need to think about it. I also have to pay to see my doctor so total costs for me will be close to $500 CDN so I'm not sure I'll pursue that at this point.

Last edited:

Learner1

Haha no I'm not a doctor my initials are DR and always cause this confusion and I don't know how to change my username.

I'm actually a systems safety and reliability engineer.

Thanks, that's not an inexpensive test so I'll need to think about it. I also have to pay to see my doctor so total costs for me will be close to $500 CDN so I'm not sure I'll pursue that at this point.
The moderators should be able to help you change your username if you like.

Your engineering background should probably be helpful. But, getting good information to base your decision making on is a good value in the long run. Better than making bad decisions that cost money and time. You might check into a Great Plains OAT test, coupled with a Doctor's Data essential mineral and heavy metal urine test. This would leave out lipids for cell membranes, antioxidants, and a number of other things, but would give you more information than you have now.

Crux

@drmullin30 ,

Life Extension offers blood tests.
Their CBC includes calcium, phosphorus, and more.
They also offer a serum PTH test. ( parathyroid hormone )

I'll be getting those soon.
I've been taking a parathyroid glandular for a couple of months. It's reducing my need for calcium
and my paresthesias.

Learner1

@jhlyon you describe my sudden onset of insomnia exactly. Fredd's clusters of symptoms have not applied to me after 2 months of low and slow methylation--1000 mcg cocktail of B12 forms + 200 mcg folate + multi of cofactors.

Fatigue and sleep have improved 50% until I ran out of folate, but I continued Bs for two weeks until I had a strong onset of insomnia--body tired, brain alert--which feels like an earlier episode of glutamate elevation after too much taurine.

Cutting B12 to 500 immediately reduced the insomnia from onset (all night) to maintenance insomnia (2am to 4am on). Will see if possibly too high levels of B12 clear in the week it takes to refill my folate and then I will restart slowly up to my original ratio.

Don't think electrolytes / potassium are my issue as I have been drinking Trace Minerals like mother's milk.

Unless low potassium can present as insomnia with none of the other more typical hypo symptoms?

Can B12 with inadequate folate lead to insomnia or potassium-induced insomnia w/o elevated heart, twitching etc.? On another thread someone talked about balancing the energy of B12 with calming effects of folate...but there are more threads in which people blame folate for insomnia.

Hi freddd, I got severe insomnia ( can not sleep at all) from second dose of methylcobalamin, like full blown insomnia. Never had any sleep issues.... I tried niacin and niacinamide for a month even on high doses 1000mg, but it did not work at all..... I am still suffering from extreme insomnia.

Freddd

Hi freddd, I got severe insomnia ( can not sleep at all) from second dose of methylcobalamin, like full blown insomnia. Never had any sleep issues.... I tried niacin and niacinamide for a month even on high doses 1000mg, but it did not work at all..... I am still suffering from extreme insomnia.
Thje things that make for insomnia with B12 is needing more of one or more of these; methylfolate, AdoCbl, l-carnitine, vitamin D, possibly others or combinations. I was down to 2 ho urs a night when vit D went too low to support methylation.